About Central Midwest HERC
To promote equity and excellence in higher education recruitment worldwide and to be a premier resource for recruitment and retention of highly trained, diverse applicants to higher education institutions and community partners in Iowa.
To advance the ability of member institutions to recruit and retain the most diverse and talented workforce and to assist dual-career couples.
To facilitate dual-career and diversity hiring at member institutions through the sharing of best practices, information, and resources, as well as the cultivation of partnerships to further shared goals and interests.
- Create a robust, multi-institution network that strengthens participating institutions and the region as a whole.
- Serve as a recruiting, marketing, and professional development resource for HERC member institutions.
- Enhance the ability of member institutions to connect spouses/partners of candidates and new hires to regional employment opportunities, including through partnerships with key partners from business and industry.
- Generate cost savings and efficiencies for member institutions through education regarding the national discount and cooperative advertising programs, partnerships, and services.
- Evaluate HERC’s qualitative and quantitative return on investment.
- Become featured on the only comprehensive higher education employment website in the Central Midwest area
- Receive unlimited access to posting faculty and staff jobs
- Reach job seekers directly with e-mail job alerts
- Assist dual-career couples with the website's ability to conduct dual-career searches
- Broaden your applicant pool
- Gain coverage in press releases, media events, and marketing and advertising efforts
- Network with other institutions at members-only meetings
- Exchange information on best practices in recruitment and retention, partner placement and diversity
- Help shape the future of the Central Midwest HERC
The Central Midwest HERC is governed by an Advisory Board drawn from its member institutions and administered by the Central Midwest HERC Director.
Contact us to join the consortium today.
Follow HERC Regionally
"The HERC website has been a tremendous resource in my work with jobseekers. The site is very easy to use, and with positions at colleges and universities becoming ever more attractive in this economy, it allows me to encourage job seekers to look at multiple institutions. Without it, my clients would be working hard yet finding fewer opportunities."Share Your HERC Story