About Greater Washington State HERC
ABOUT THE GWS HERC
Resources for Jobseekers and Employers
The Greater Washington State HERC is a collaborative response of our member organizations to the challenges of recruiting and retaining talented and diverse faculty and staff. GWS HERC was launched in October 2013 by the University of Washington, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
Our distinguished members are colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes located in the region. As of 2013, select corporations are eligible to join as associate members.
How It Works and Fees
- Organizations pay an annual membership fee to join GWS HERC. Once an organization joins, all of its employees are eligible to post jobs, as well as attend training sessions, conferences, networking events and webinars for free.
- There are no fees to jobseekers.
What We Do
GWS HERC offers resources to employers seeking talented and diverse employees and to jobseekers looking for work.
- Job board with faculty, staff, and executive jobs regionally and from across the country in all functional areas from accountant through zoology professor
- Dual career search function -- combine a search with a partner
- Email alerts for jobs that meet your needs
- Free training: Webinars and other career-help from experts. View our library of webinars including cover letter writing, networking, the job talk, and converting resumes to CVs and CVs to resumes.
- Learn more about the arts and culture of the region
- Extensive relocation resources
- Resume database for employers to search
Be affiliated with the most distinguished organizations in the area.
Post an unlimited number of positions at no extra cost.
- Reach highly talented and diverse jobseekers
- Share successful methods and best practices for addressing recruitment and retention issues including issues related to partner placement and diversity
- Meet and network with representatives of GWS HERC member organizations
- Use website thumbnails to highlight your institution (no added fee)
- Attend training conferences and webinars on topics that have included “Best Practices in Diversity Recruiting,” “Developing Faculty and Staff Mentoring Programs” and “Employing Veterans.” Programs are free to employees at member organizations. Many programs include HRCI credits
- Use HERC for your dual career initiatives -- include information about HERC in recruitment packets and use the GWS HERC network to help find positions for accompanying partners
- We can be where you are not: we attend special job fairs for veterans and other groups representing all of our members
Employers: For information about joining GWS HERC, contact email@example.com
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
Look for clues during job interviews that your boss has a tendency to micromanage or other undesirable traits, writes Edward Fleischman. If you end up with an incompetent boss, don't hesitate to seek another opportunity elsewhere. Fortune (2/14)17 Feb 2017 12:33:47 CSThttp://fortune.com/2017/02/14/leadership-career-advice-job-interview-boss-management-work-culture/
Start planning the next 12 months of your career by deciding whether you want to find a new job, improve your current situation, start a business or focus your energy on a creative pursuit, Michael Pollock writes. "Don't just wait for it to happen -- know what you'd like to see," he writes. Forbes (2/15)17 Feb 2017 12:33:47 CSThttp://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2017/02/15/are-you-planning-your-career-you-should-be/#5389a30a503b
Entrepreneur online (2/16)17 Feb 2017 12:33:47 CSThttps://www.entrepreneur.com/article/288354
Iowa lawmakers have approved a measure that would scale back the bargaining power of unions, including those at state colleges and universities. Public-sector unions, excluding those for public safety workers such as police and firefighters, would be limited to negotiating base wages but not other issues such as benefits and staff reductions. Reuters (2/16)17 Feb 2017 12:33:47 CSThttp://www.reuters.com/article/us-iowa-labor-idUSKBN15V30A
Featured Member Institutions