Our Job is to Help Find Your Job
Use HERC’s jobseeker tools to help find your ideal job.
- Create a jobseeker account to save your job searches, sign-up for e-job alerts, and upload your CV/resume.
- Sign-up for HERC’s Jobseeker SmartBrief for the latest career news and trends.
- HERC’s blog for jobseekers, Job Talk, offers tips from experts in the field that will help you with your search and provide the best ways promote yourself to prospective employers.
- HERC’s free jobseeker webinars give you access to leading career development experts.
- If you’re part of a dual-career couple, read up on the topic and see which campuses have dual-career programs and policies and use HERC’s dual-career job search function.
- HERC partners with other organizations that share a commitment to diversity and also maintains diversity resources list for jobseekers.
- Could your job search involve relocating to a new region? The regional HERC offices provide relocation resources to help make your transition a little easier.
HERC has partnered with LifeMart to provide offers and discounts on everything you need during the job search, from apparel and office supplies to computers and travel.
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
Everybody knows conferences and industry meetups are great places to network, but continuing education courses and seminars also provide many networking opportunities, writes Elliot Volkman. You can also network at charity events, while LinkedIn provides professionals with the option of connecting with others online. Tech.co (5/24)27 May 2016 12:51:52 CDThttps://tech.co/places-network-yourself-new-job-2016-05
College senior Graham Allgood used Snapchat to create his own ad campaign that eventually landed him a paid internship with Horizon Media's social media department. After creating an on-demand geofilter on Snapchat, Allgood timed his Snapchat campaign to run during the working hours of Horizon's New York City office. "We are always looking for standout thinking and standout thinkers," said Maikel O'Hanlon, Horizon Media's vice president of social media strategy. Fast Company online (5/26)27 May 2016 12:51:52 CDThttp://www.fastcompany.com/3060278/the-future-of-work/how-to-use-snapchat-to-get-a-job?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=webfeeds
Nature (free content) (5/26)27 May 2016 12:51:52 CDThttp://blogs.nature.com/naturejobs/2016/05/26/what-did-your-job-search-teach-you/
Homes owned by single men are worth 10% more than those owned by single women, with a 16% difference in appreciation, according to an analysis by RealtyTrac.com. The gender wage gap leads women to buy lower-priced homes that appreciate more slowly, researchers said. NBC News (5/26)27 May 2016 12:51:52 CDThttp://www.nbcnews.com/business/personal-finance/gender-pay-gap-leads-wealth-gap-housing-market-n581046