Our Job is to Help Find Your Job
Use HERC’s jobseeker tools to help find your ideal job.
- Create a jobseeker account to save your job searches, sign-up for e-job alerts, and upload your CV/resume.
- Sign-up for HERC’s Jobseeker SmartBrief for the latest career news and trends.
- HERC’s blog for jobseekers, Job Talk, offers tips from experts in the field that will help you with your search and provide the best ways promote yourself to prospective employers.
- HERC’s free jobseeker webinars give you access to leading career development experts.
- If you’re part of a dual-career couple, read up on the topic and see which campuses have dual-career programs and policies and use HERC’s dual-career job search function.
- Learn more about working for one of our member employers under the Featured Institutional Profile page, click on the logo to dive deeper into their profile.
- HERC partners with other organizations that share a commitment to diversity and also maintains diversity resources list for jobseekers.
- Could your job search involve relocating to a new region? The regional HERC offices provide relocation resources to help make your transition a little easier.
HERC has partnered with LifeMart to provide offers and discounts on everything you need during the job search, from apparel and office supplies to computers and travel.
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
Everyone you know can be a potentially useful contact as you search for job opportunities. Rate the value of each contact so you can prioritize who you are going to approach, then try to connect with at least five people a week. U.S. News & World Report (10/19)21 Oct 2016 12:35:44 CDThttp://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/2016-10-19/dont-dismiss-networking-until-youve-tried-doing-it-this-way
Ph.D. candidates need to give themselves enough time to search for jobs either in academia or industry while still writing or defending their dissertation, University of Colorado Ph.D. Katie Shives writes in this blog post. It's also important to learn to manage stress and practice self-care to stay on track, she notes. InsideHigherEd.com (10/20)21 Oct 2016 12:35:44 CDThttps://www.insidehighered.com/blogs/gradhacker/navigating-your-next-steps
Cheat Sheet (10/21)21 Oct 2016 12:35:44 CDThttp://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/3-things-you-should-never-say-in-a-job-exit-interview.html/
A Deloitte poll found two of three people with experience as an independent contractor would not want to repeat that experience, which suggests limits on the growth of the gig economy. People "want development, they care about their work -- and the organization -- having a purpose, and they want to feel a connection to the company's culture," says Deloitte Chief Talent Officer Mike Preston. Human Resource Executive (10/17)21 Oct 2016 12:35:44 CDThttp://www.hreonline.com/HRE/view/story.jhtml?id=534361169