Our Job is to Help Find Your Job
Use HERC’s jobseeker tools to help find your ideal job.
- Create a jobseeker account to save your job searches, sign-up for e-job alerts, and upload your CV/resume.
- Sign-up for HERC’s Jobseeker SmartBrief for the latest career news and trends.
- HERC’s blog for jobseekers, Job Talk, offers tips from experts in the field that will help you with your search and provide the best ways promote yourself to prospective employers.
- HERC’s free jobseeker webinars give you access to leading career development experts.
- If you’re part of a dual-career couple, read up on the topic and see which campuses have dual-career programs and policies and use HERC’s dual-career job search function.
- Learn more about working for one of our member employers under the Featured Institutional Profile page, click on the logo to dive deeper into their profile.
- HERC partners with other organizations that share a commitment to diversity and also maintains diversity resources list for jobseekers.
- Could your job search involve relocating to a new region? The regional HERC offices provide relocation resources to help make your transition a little easier.
HERC has partnered with LifeMart to provide offers and discounts on everything you need during the job search, from apparel and office supplies to computers and travel.
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
Quoting "Star Wars," using cat templates and listing smoking as a hobby are among the worst mistakes applicants have made on resumes during the past year, according to a CareerBuilder survey of HR managers. CareerBuilder says that 43% of hiring managers spend less than a minute viewing a resume, so applicants need to stand out by customizing resumes to fit specific positions and by listing skills -- without misspellings. WTOP-FM (Washington, D.C.) (9/22)23 Sep 2016 13:11:19 CDThttp://wtop.com/money/2016/09/smoking-as-a-hobby-careerbuilder-releases-list-of-worst-resume-mistakes/
You won't receive constructive criticism if you don't demonstrate that you're coachable, writes Jean-Francois Manzoni. Express gratitude toward people who take the time to give you feedback and take in their advice with an objective point of view, Manzoni suggests. Harvard Business Review online (tiered subscription model) (9/22)23 Sep 2016 13:11:19 CDThttps://hbr.org/2016/09/to-get-more-feedback-act-more-coachable
U.S. News & World Report (9/22)23 Sep 2016 13:11:19 CDThttp://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/2016-09-22/is-your-resume-formatted-correctly
Initial claims for unemployment benefits in the US fell by 8,000, to 252,000, last week, the Labor Department said. They have been below 300,000 for 81 weeks, the longest stretch since 1970. MarketWatch (9/22)23 Sep 2016 13:11:19 CDThttp://www.marketwatch.com/story/jobless-claims-fall-to-lowest-level-since-july-2016-09-22