Our Job is to Help Find Your Job
Use HERC’s jobseeker tools to help find your ideal job.
- Create a jobseeker account to save your job searches, sign-up for e-job alerts, and upload your CV/resume.
- Sign-up for HERC’s Jobseeker SmartBrief for the latest career news and trends.
- HERC’s blog for jobseekers, Job Talk, offers tips from experts in the field that will help you with your search and provide the best ways promote yourself to prospective employers.
- HERC’s free jobseeker webinars give you access to leading career development experts.
- If you’re part of a dual-career couple, read up on the topic and see which campuses have dual-career programs and policies and use HERC’s dual-career job search function.
- HERC partners with other organizations that share a commitment to diversity and also maintains diversity resources list for jobseekers.
- Could your job search involve relocating to a new region? The regional HERC offices provide relocation resources to help make your transition a little easier.
HERC has partnered with LifeMart to provide offers and discounts on everything you need during the job search, from apparel and office supplies to computers and travel.
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
Professionals can use their lunch hour to advance their careers by focusing on such things as finding a mentor, lunching with a colleague or deepening their knowledge of their field, career coach Caroline Ceniza-Levine writes in this article. "Listen to a podcast. Attend a Twitter chat. Invest your lunch in one of many mediums to learn," she advises. Forbes (2/9)10 Feb 2016 12:41:57 CSThttp://www.forbes.com/sites/carolinecenizalevine/2016/02/09/10-career-advancement-activities-you-can-do-over-lunch/#1bd5a3ac7027
Find balance, a job you love and good mentors to build a great career. That's some of the advice the business leaders quoted in this article say they received from their mentors. "There is always something that can be learned from each person you speak with," said Healey Cypher, co-founder and CEO of Oak Labs. Inc. online (free registration) (2/9)10 Feb 2016 12:41:57 CSThttp://www.inc.com/christina-desmarais/15-executives-share-the-best-advice-their-mentors-ever-gave-them.html
U.S. News & World Report (2/9)10 Feb 2016 12:41:57 CSThttp://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/2016-02-09/job-seekers-dodge-these-4-avoidable-errors
A five-day strike is being planned for April by the California State University faculty union if they are unable to reach an agreement with university leaders over salaries. The union is asking for a 5% pay raise, and an additional 1.2% for some faculty, which would cost nearly $102 million. University officials have offered faculty a 2% raise in pay. The Oakland Tribune (Calif.) (2/8)10 Feb 2016 12:41:57 CSThttp://www.insidebayarea.com/breaking-news/ci_29491302/csu-threatens-unprecedented-5-day-strike-april