Our Job is to Help Find Your Job
Use HERC’s jobseeker tools to help find your ideal job.
- Create a jobseeker account to save your job searches, sign-up for e-job alerts, and upload your CV/resume.
- Sign-up for HERC’s Jobseeker SmartBrief for the latest career news and trends.
- HERC’s blog for jobseekers, Job Talk, offers tips from experts in the field that will help you with your search and provide the best ways promote yourself to prospective employers.
- HERC’s free jobseeker webinars give you access to leading career development experts.
- If you’re part of a dual-career couple, read up on the topic and see which campuses have dual-career programs and policies and use HERC’s dual-career job search function.
- Learn more about working for one of our member employers under the Featured Institutional Profile page, click on the logo to dive deeper into their profile.
- HERC partners with other organizations that share a commitment to diversity and also maintains diversity resources list for jobseekers.
- Could your job search involve relocating to a new region? The regional HERC offices provide relocation resources to help make your transition a little easier.
HERC has partnered with LifeMart to provide offers and discounts on everything you need during the job search, from apparel and office supplies to computers and travel.
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
Academics seeking a job overseas must be prepared to fill out a lot of paperwork, endure the expense of moving, and consider cultural and safety issues, Scott Gibson, a professor at the Universidad San Francisco de Quito, advises in this commentary. The Chronicle of Higher Education (free content) (7/20)22 Jul 2016 11:42:23 CDThttp://chronicle.com/article/Before-You-Apply-Overseas/237193
You'll instantly become a better networker if you learn to listen, make eye contact and ask focused questions when you meet others, writes Rhett Power. Practice a simple introduction and make an effort to remember the names of those you meet in order to make a good impression. Inc. online (free registration) (7/20)22 Jul 2016 11:42:23 CDThttp://www.inc.com/rhett-power/6-ways-to-be-a-better-networker.html
WDRB-TV/WMYO-TV (Louisville, Ky.) (7/26)22 Jul 2016 11:42:23 CDThttp://www.wdrb.com/story/6845448/college-students-finding-an-internship
Auto-enrollment and auto-escalation boost workplace 401(k) participation and help employees save more for retirement, but some employers aren't adding those features because they fear higher costs. Less than 40% of employers offer auto-enrollment and less than 20% offer auto-escalation, according to a survey by the Society for Human Resource Management. Bloomberg (7/21)22 Jul 2016 11:42:23 CDThttp://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-07-21/why-doesn-t-your-company-want-you-to-put-more-in-your-401-k