Our Job is to Help Find Your Job
Use HERC’s jobseeker tools to help find your ideal job.
- Create a jobseeker account to save your job searches, sign-up for e-job alerts, and upload your CV/resume.
- Sign-up for HERC’s Jobseeker SmartBrief for the latest career news and trends.
- HERC’s blog for jobseekers, Job Talk, offers tips from experts in the field that will help you with your search and provide the best ways promote yourself to prospective employers.
- HERC’s free jobseeker webinars give you access to leading career development experts.
- If you’re part of a dual-career couple, read up on the topic and see which campuses have dual-career programs and policies and use HERC’s dual-career job search function.
- Learn more about working for one of our member employers under the Featured Institutional Profile page, click on the logo to dive deeper into their profile.
- HERC partners with other organizations that share a commitment to diversity and also maintains diversity resources list for jobseekers.
- Could your job search involve relocating to a new region? The regional HERC offices provide relocation resources to help make your transition a little easier.
HERC has partnered with LifeMart to provide offers and discounts on everything you need during the job search, from apparel and office supplies to computers and travel.
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
Academics with a Ph.D. in science may want to explore off-tenure-track careers such as grant writing or working on the staff of a university department, career consultant Alaina Levine writes in this commentary. To prepare, postdocs should network and look for ways to build their leadership and organizational skills, she advises. ScienceMag.org (8/26)26 Aug 2016 12:06:34 CDThttp://www.sciencemag.org/careers/features/2016/08/alternatives-professorships-academia
It's important to avoid getting emotionally invested in workplace conflicts if you want to resolve them properly, writes Ray Hull. Try to respectfully inform others of your feelings and make a sincere effort to listen to their point of view. The Wichita Eagle (Kan.) (8/24)26 Aug 2016 12:06:34 CDThttp://www.kansas.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/article97573412.html
New York magazine (8/25)26 Aug 2016 12:06:34 CDThttp://nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/08/ignore-the-office-dress-code-to-seem-better-at-your-job.html
The Labor Department has published its final rule smoothing the path for states that want to create workplace retirement-savings plans. The rule guarantees that the plans won't have to comply with the federal Employee Retirement Income Security Act as long as a few basic requirements are met. InvestmentNews (8/25)26 Aug 2016 12:06:34 CDThttp://www.investmentnews.com/article/20160825/FREE/160829956/dol-issues-final-rule-to-help-states-establish-workplace-retirement