Our Job is to Help Find Your Job
Use HERC’s jobseeker tools to help find your ideal job.
- Create a jobseeker account to save your job searches, sign-up for e-job alerts, and upload your CV/resume.
- Sign-up for HERC’s Jobseeker SmartBrief for the latest career news and trends.
- HERC’s blog for jobseekers, Job Talk, offers tips from experts in the field that will help you with your search and provide the best ways promote yourself to prospective employers.
- HERC’s free jobseeker webinars give you access to leading career development experts.
- If you’re part of a dual-career couple, read up on the topic and see which campuses have dual-career programs and policies and use HERC’s dual-career job search function.
- Learn more about working for one of our member employers under the Featured Institutional Profile page, click on the logo to dive deeper into their profile.
- HERC partners with other organizations that share a commitment to diversity and also maintains diversity resources list for jobseekers.
- Could your job search involve relocating to a new region? The regional HERC offices provide relocation resources to help make your transition a little easier.
HERC has partnered with LifeMart to provide offers and discounts on everything you need during the job search, from apparel and office supplies to computers and travel.
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
When asking for a letter of recommendation from a faculty member, undergraduates should provide an overview of their research, a curriculum vitae and information on where to submit the letter, University of Florida professor David Oppenheimer advises. Students also should follow up with the professor and write a personal thank-you note, he suggests. Science magazine (free content) (6/27)29 Jun 2016 12:58:26 CDThttp://www.sciencemag.org/careers/2016/06/getting-great-recommendation-letter
Volunteer experience could be the key to making your resume stand out. According to a recent Deloitte study, 82% of US hiring managers prefer candidates with volunteer experience, and 92% say they believe such experience helps build leadership skills. Fortune (6/28)29 Jun 2016 12:58:26 CDThttp://fortune.com/2016/06/28/volunteer-work-resume/
The Huffington Post (6/25)29 Jun 2016 12:58:26 CDThttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/anne-deeter-gallaher/7-characteristics-of-an-e_b_10665804.html
More than 7 in 10 retirees report a desire to keep working after retirement, according to a Merrill Lynch study, often to keep themselves engaged or shore up finances. Those returning to work may not follow the demanding, full-time schedules they once did, instead opting for part-time jobs or consulting work, experts say. TheStreet.com (6/28)29 Jun 2016 12:58:26 CDThttps://www.thestreet.com/story/13621620/1/working-after-retirement-is-the-newest-trend.html