Our Job is to Help Find Your Job
Use HERC’s jobseeker tools to help find your ideal job.
- Create a jobseeker account to save your job searches, sign-up for e-job alerts, and upload your CV/resume.
- Sign-up for HERC’s Jobseeker SmartBrief for the latest career news and trends.
- HERC’s blog for jobseekers, Job Talk, offers tips from experts in the field that will help you with your search and provide the best ways promote yourself to prospective employers.
- HERC’s free jobseeker webinars give you access to leading career development experts.
- If you’re part of a dual-career couple, read up on the topic and see which campuses have dual-career programs and policies and use HERC’s dual-career job search function.
- HERC partners with other organizations that share a commitment to diversity and also maintains diversity resources list for jobseekers.
- Could your job search involve relocating to a new region? The regional HERC offices provide relocation resources to help make your transition a little easier.
HERC has partnered with LifeMart to provide offers and discounts on everything you need during the job search, from apparel and office supplies to computers and travel.
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
Professionals who can identify their strongest skills increase their opportunity to hold various careers over their lifetime, career consultant Amy Lindgren suggests. She advises job seekers to make a list of their strengths, including leadership and communication skills, "then identify other arenas where the same tasks are conducted." Pioneer Press (St. Paul, Minn.) (11/15)23 Nov 2015 12:49:58 CSThttp://www.twincities.com/life/ci_29113928/working-strategies-identify-your-skills-rather-than-your
A curriculum vitae allows a job seeker to describe their skills and how they can benefit a potential employer, Joseph Barber, associate director of career services at the University of Pennsylvania, notes in this commentary. They should avoid vague words such as "taught" or "assisted" and instead spell out tangible achievements, he advises. InsideHigherEd.com (11/23)23 Nov 2015 12:49:58 CSThttps://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2015/11/23/easy-fixes-your-cv-r%C3%A9sum%C3%A9-and-interview-answers-essay
Women are on pace to achieve pay equality with men in 118 years, the World Economic Forum says. The global average full-time salary for women is about half the global average for men, the report says. NBC News (11/19)23 Nov 2015 12:49:58 CSThttp://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/gender-pay-gap-will-be-erased-it-will-take-118-n466631
Los Angeles Times (tiered subscription model) (11/20)23 Nov 2015 12:49:58 CSThttp://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-cal-state-faculty-file-labor-charge-20151120-story.html