HERC’s free jobseeker webinars give you access to leading career development experts.
Disclosing Disability: What You Need to Know
A Session for Jobseekers, Employees, & Employers
December 12th 10am PT/12pm CT/1pm ET (60 minutes)
Come learn from experts on disability and employment about how and when to disclose your disability during the recruitment and employment process. Find out what employer responsibilities are to accommodate your needs in the workplace. Discover how you can put employers and colleagues at ease to diminish any concerns about your disability and how it relates to your productivity and performance in the workplace
Making Your Case: Writing Cover Letters for Non-Academic Jobs
Thursday, January 16, 2014, 9am PT/11am CT/12pm ET (60 minutes)
Hate writing cover letters? Not sure where to start? Learn what makes for an effective non-academic cover letter and what pitfalls to avoid.
Archived Webinars Available on Demand
Jobseeker Career Search & Development
HERC webinars are recorded and made available online for jobseekers to view on demand. Visit the HERC Jobseeker Webinar Page to browse through the various offerings or click on the titles below to directly access the webinar of your choice.
- Targeting Your Cover Letter for Faculty or Non-faculty Positions
- Targeting Your CV or Resume for Faculty or Non-faculty Positions
- The Campus Visit: Interviewing for Faculty Positions
- Expanding Your Career Networks
- Insider Tips for Finding a Job Outside Academia
- Ask the Experts: Answers to Your Toughest Academic Job Search QuestionAcademic Job Search in the Sciences
- Power and Challenge: The Now and Next of Women in STEM
FEATURED MEMBER INSTITUTIONS
Featured Partner: HBCU Connect
Join the Largest Black College & University Community Online Today!