New FAQs on Recruitment, Retention
EARN has released a new document of frequently asked questions from employers on recruiting and retaining people with disabilities, including veterans. The document highlights key strategies employers can utilize to improve outcomes and leverage resources to facilitate an inclusive work environment.
For more information and employer resources, visit www.AskEARN.org
CyberChrome is HERC's newest Trustee Level Partner. It is a natural fit between an adaptable and dispersed organization and a design and production company with capacities that match those challenges. Learn about member discounts with CyberChrome here.
- If you had one word to describe what your company is all about, what is it? Integrity!
- What makes your service stand out in the higher education recruitment and retention field? CyberChrome’s services, solutions, and people offer the unique advantage of combining to create a powerful, reliable single-source solution for the management and production of human resource recruitment and retention materials. Our full range of solutions includes web-based ordering centers that allow HR professionals access to an unlimited library of their organization’s print materials, digital assets, and physical items. Print and digital items can be presented in customizable template form, empowering users to modify and target messaging and images for specific audiences, such as events and demographics.
- What is the tool or resource you provide to clients that wins you the most accolades? CyberChrome is recognized as a leader in providing innovative, single-source solutions, tailored to meet the materials management needs of specific business verticals.
- What is a trend you see in your field that affects higher education recruitment? Digital printing and graphic communications are rapidly evolving, driven by ongoing advancements in technology. Changes to the materials management and distribution methods used by human resource professionals seem to have lagged behind other areas of the recruitment effort, and are therefore primed for change. Specifically, there is a definite need within the HR materials universe for controlled, direct access to customize recruitment and retention graphic communications to speak directly to specific demographics and respond quickly and appropriately to multiple initiatives.
- Does your company have any new initiatives or products that would be of interest to HERC members? Some of our more recent developments include integrated print and video products; customized, on-demand die-cutting; and expanded inventory warehouse capabilities.
- Why is partnering with HERC important to your company?CyberChrome has a proven and unique set of tools and services for the management, production, and distribution of human resource recruitment and retention materials. HERC is the stand-out leader and recognized expert resource for HR recruitment within higher education, and therefore an invaluable partner and resource for CyberChrome.
Visit CyberChrome.com to learn more.
HERC has an Alliance with the Department of Labor’s Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) as part of its commitment to helping member institutions attract a diverse workforce.
The Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) is a policy office located in the Department of Labor to advance policies and systems change in the labor arena to advance employment for people with disabilities. HERC members interested in the latest free resources and news of upcoming webcasts are invited to sign up for the ODEP News Brief at www.dol.gov/odep.
ODEP points representatives from HERC member institutions to the following important resources:
- The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) www.askjan.org is the premier resource on accommodations. JAN provides free trainings and consultations to assist in the accommodation process.
- The Employer Assistance and Resource Network (EARN) www.askearn.org is a free resource for employers. EARN offers trainings, on-site and customized technical assistance, and helps connect employers to entities serving people with disabilities to facilitate partnering.
- The Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) WRP.jobs is intended to increase targeted outreach for employers to the WRP database. Employers can post jobs to the WRP.jobs portal at http://wrp.jobs/employers/ Institutions can target outreach to a large demographic of talented candidates and increase internships and career opportunities for students/graduates with disabilities, including veterans.
See HERC's full collection of diversity resources here.
SkillSurvey is a Trustee-level partner with HERC. SkillSurvey presented a webinar, June 5, 2014, on Hiring with Confidence with a special invitation to HERC members. Member institution Babson College co-presented in the webinar. View the recording of that webinar here.
- If you had one word to describe what your company is all about, what is it? Predictive
- What makes your service stand out in the higher education recruitment and retention field? Pre-Hire 360® is the only patented reference assessment that automates the process of collecting and analyzing data from job-specific surveys taken by each candidate’s past employers, peers and direct reports. The data collected has been scientifically proven to help organizations avoid risky hires, reduce turnover, and streamline the recruiting process.
- What is the tool or resource you provide to clients that wins you the most accolades? SkillSurvey’s Pre-Hire 360® helps institutions like Clemson University and Mott Community College take the guesswork out of hiring by helping them objectively measure the skills that matter most. By analyzing how references rate a candidate’s past job performance, we’re able to predict their future job performance.
- What is a trend you see in your field that affects higher education recruitment? Due to the valuable information our clients receive from our surveys, several decided to modify their hiring processes to assess candidates prior to any interviews. Not only does the data help guide the conversation, but our clients say it helps hiring managers make the most informed hiring decision.
- Does your company have any new initiatives or products that would be of interest to HERC members? SkillSurvey’s The Q®, a passive candidate sourcing tool, is proving to be a great option for many of our customers. A private invitation-only network, The Q® provides HR managers with an excellent source of leads and helps them find candidates for hard-to-fill positions.
- Why is partnering with HERC important to your company? HERC shares our dedication and commitment to helping institutions find the most diverse and talented faculty, staff, and executives.
Visit SkillSurvey.com to learn more.
This is what collaboration looks like - attendees of the May 16 meeting at OSU.
Friday, May 16 saw the official launch and first general meeting of the Ohio/Western Pennsylvania/West Virginia HERC. At this meeting were representatives from 31 institutions of higher education, both private and public, and ranging from community colleges through research universities.
The event was held at The Ohio State University (The OSU) with the themes of connection, collaboration, and commitment. Member representatives were welcomed by Amanda Shaffer, Regional HERC Director & Jenny Heckscher, Advisory Board Chair as well as senior officers from The OSU and Case Western Reserve University, host institution for the OH/Western PA/WV HERC.
In addition to business related to the launch of the region, the meeting featured an educational session and discussion on Dual-Careeer Strategies and Best Practices with Faculty and Staff from four different universities. Networking opportunities over lunch and in the dual-career discussion were unanimously appreciated as the most valuable aspects of this launch and meeting event.
Learn more about the OH/Western PA/WV HERC.
A new regional HERC is currently under development in Tennessee. Learn more about new HERC development here.