Red Oak Relocation is HERC's newest corporate partner. We connected with Red Oak's president, John Clough to learn more about the company and how its services benefit Higher Education Institutions.
1. If you had one word to describe what your company is all about, what is it? Partnership. Red Oak Relocation is truly an extension of the HR department for the institutions we serve.
2. What makes your service stand out in the higher education recruitment and retention field? We strongly believe that offering relocation services advances the effort of attracting recruits and that a successful relocation promotes increased employee retention.
3. What is the tool or resource you provide to clients that wins you the most accolades? Our New Roots web-based relocation program complements our service by providing a secure site for employees to manage contacts, documents and expenses; and to upload receipts, download applicable tax forms, and more.
4. What is a trend you see in your field that affects higher education recruitment? Many relocation providers are moving away from servicing small volume move producers such as colleges and universities. At the same time, more higher education institutions are recognizing the competitive value of offering relocation services to recruits.
5. Does your company have any new initiatives or products that would be of interest to HERC members? Our New Roots program is unique in that it allows us to offer our services at no cost to HERC member institutions or their transferring employees. We generate revenue when our service partners are utilized though using them is not required.
6. Why is partnering with HERC important to your company? Partnering with HERC allows us to remain current on the recruiting challenges that our clients face every day and provides the visibility to assist them.
Visit redoakrelocation.com to learn more.