Information for Prospective Members
OH/Western PA/WV HERC membership is a cost-effective way to stay informed, promote jobs at your organization, and interact with colleagues throughout the region. Once an organization joins, all employees are eligible to participate in our training programs and other initiatives without any added cost. The OH/Western PA/WV HERC was founded in 2014 with 33 Founding Member Institutions.
Membership is open to accredited colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes. Joining is easy. To learn about membership benefits and how to join:
When you join the OH/Western PA/WV HERC, you will help your institution improve its recruitment and retention efforts through greater regional and national exposure for your open positions, access to a highly educated and unusually diverse pool of jobseekers, free professional development conferences and webinars that keep staff up to date on cutting edge recruitment and retention strategies and tools, the purchasing power that comes with pooled resources, and a rich network of peers at institutions for support.
- Organizations pay an annual membership fee (between $2,000 and $7,800 per year) based on the number of Full-Time Equivalent Employees at the institution.
- As a member, all employees are then eligible to post jobs, attend training sessions, conferences and networking events. Professional development webinars are archived and always available.
- There are no fees for jobseekers to use the site, post their searchable CV/Resume, or use jobseeker/dual-career tools.
Beginning in 2014, a select number of for-profit institutions may join as associate members. Please contact the HERC Director for more information.
Higher Education Institutions, Nonprofits, National Labs, and Teaching Hospitals
Be affiliated with some of the most distinguished organizations in the area. Your membership includes:
- An unlimited number of job postings for one cost.
- An extensive intuitional profile to highlight your institution (no added fee) to help reach talented, educated and diverse jobseekers.
- HERC recruitment materials for dual career initiatives -- including HERC postcards for recruitment packets and the HERC network to help find positions for accompanying partners. Share successful methods and best practices for addressing recruitment and retention issues including issues related to partner placement and diversity.
- Meet and network with other faculty and staff involved in recruitment. Attend training conferences and webinars on topics such as “Best Practices in Diversity Recruiting,” “Developing Faculty and Staff Mentoring Programs” and “Employing Veterans.” Programs are free to employees at member organizations. Many programs include HRCI credits.
- We can be where you are not: HERC Directors attend special job fairs for veterans and other groups representing all of our members.
Jobseekers Will Have Access To:
- A job board with faculty, staff, and executive jobs regionally in all functional areas from accountant through zoology professor
- Dual career search function -- combine a search with a partner to search for jobs within a commutable distance in Ohio, Western Pennsylvania or West Virginia
- E-mail alerts for jobs
- Resume/CV to database that allows employers to search applicants
- Free training: Webinars and other career-help from experts. Our library of webinars including cover letter writing, networking, the job talk, and converting resumes to CVs and CVs to resumes.
- Information about Ohio, Western PA, West Virginia region
For information about becoming a member of the OH/Western PA/WV HERC, please contact Amanda@ohwpawvherc.org
"Because of HERC, we were able to hire a well-qualified young man for an assessment position at Fontbonne University in our College of Global Business and Professional Studies. Certain positions, such as this, in higher education are tougher to fill, but the HERC makes us visible to excellent candidates from our region and throughout the country. It is money well spent!"Share Your HERC Story
Featured Member Institutions