2020 Job Seeker Survey: Share your thoughts!
Our 2020 Job Seeker Survey is live! Share your experiences as a job seeker in the higher education workforce. Tell HERC how we can best support you through the process of finding, landing, and keeping your ideal position in higher education.
If you’re eligible to win and you fully complete the survey, you’ll be entered to win a $250, $100, or $50 Amazon gift card.
The survey should take less than fifteen minutes to complete. It will be live from Tuesday, January 14, 2020 until 11:59pm PST on Tuesday, January 28, 2020. Please note: Survey prizes are only open to U.S. residents over the age of 18.
Terms and Conditions:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States of America who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs) as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Tuesday, January 14th, 2020 and ending Tuesday, January 28th, 2020. All online entries must be received by Tuesday, January 28th, 2020 at 11:59 PM PST.
4. How to Enter: Enter to win by completing this survey. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs). Limit one (1) entry per person and per email address. Three (3) potential prize winners will be chosen in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs).
5. Prizes: The three Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive either a $250 (USD) gift card to Amazon.com, a $100 (USD) gift card to Amazon.com, or a $50 (USD) gift card to Amazon.com. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs). No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs)’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs) to use Winner’s name and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs). Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs) shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE HIGHER EDUCATION RECRUITMENT CONSORTIUM’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs) from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs) may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: The Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium’s (HERC Jobs) control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs) may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs). The Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs) has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs) reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs) and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States of America AND California, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winners’ names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The Higher Education Recruitment Consortium, PO Box 3794, Santa Cruz, CA 95063 USA. Requests must be received no later than March 31st, 2020.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium, PO Box 3794, Santa Cruz, CA 95063. The Campaign hosted by the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC Jobs) is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.