5 Steps for Getting Started with Your Job Search
Step 1) Connect with leading higher education institutions, labs, hospitals, and community employers
Create your free account today to save your job searches and set up customized job alerts to know when new jobs that meet your criteria are posted. Once you sign-up you will also receive invitations to HERC's career webinars. See our archived career webinars.
Step 2) Update and upload your résumé
Once you have created your account, you need to update and polish your résumé. Before you get started, watch our webinars for expert advice on tailoring your résumé for academic or non-academic positions. Then upload your résumé to HERC’s résumé database so recruiters can find you.
Step 3) Explore institutional profiles and dual-career resources
View institutional profiles to learn more about the employer’s culture, commitment to diversity, and view all the jobs available at the institution. Click on the logo to dive deeper into their profile.
Step 4) Prepare for the next steps with expert advice
Step 5) Stay informed about higher education news
Stay on top of career news and trends in higher education by subscribing to the free HERC Higher Ed Career SmartBrief newsletter. HERC has partnered with SmartBrief, a news publisher, to provide a three times a week snapshot of higher education news from leading sources.
Check out these additional career resources:
- Explore more dual-career resources including research studies, online articles, reports, organizations and dual-career conferences.
- HERC partners with other organizations that share a commitment to diversity and also maintains diversity resources list for jobseekers.
- Could your job search involve relocating to a new region? The regional HERC offices provide relocation resources to help make your transition a little easier.
- HERC has partnered with LifeMart to provide offers and discounts on everything you need during the job search, from apparel and office supplies to computers and travel.
- If you have ever thought about a faculty job abroad, please visit our HERC Trustee partner jobs.ac.uk to search for jobs from over 1,000 Higher Education organizations worldwide.