Here you will find tools and resources to help you get the most out of your Central Midwest HERC membership.
But HERC is much more than a job board. Here you will also find information on the other benefits available to you as a Central Midwest HERC member including:
- Professional development opportunities and resources including regional member meetings and events and upcoming webinars and archived webinars on topics such as diversity recruitment, dual-career, and social media that allow you to stay on the cutting edge of best recruitment and retention practices;
- Up-to-date information on the member discounts on recruitment and retention products and services that will help cut the costs of your efforts;
- Dual-career and diversity organization resources including HERC's Disability Inclusion Toolkit to enhance your recruitment and retention efforts;
- OFCCP compliance resources to include in annual reports as part of good-faith efforts to reach minorities, veterans, and professionals with disabilities; and
- Tips on how to maximize your Central Midwest HERC membership.
This is also where you can access downloadable documents and materials to help you leverage your membership in Central Midwest HERC.
Follow Central Midwest HERC
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- When you can't seem to generate interest from employers despite having the necessary experience and skills, it may be time to work with a career coach, writes Karla Miller. "A career coach can help refine your resume and outreach messages and get more mileage out of your LinkedIn account -- for example, making yourself visible to well-connected recruiters and other professionals who can warm up cold contacts for you," Miller writes. The Washington Post (tiered subscription model) (10/19)20 Oct 2017 12:47:29 CDThttps://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/how-to-perfect-the-personal-pitch/2017/10/17/504b47c4-9ed5-11e7-8ea1-ed975285475e_story.html
- When it comes to work-life balance, there's no one size that fits all. You may be happier when you come to terms with the fact that you prefer juggling your roles throughout the day or blending your work activities with the rest of your life, writes Andy Molinsky. Psychology Today (10/14)20 Oct 2017 12:47:29 CDThttps://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/adaptation/201710/want-be-happier-ditch-the-work-life-balance-metaphor
- CNNMoney (10/19)20 Oct 2017 12:47:29 CDThttp://money.cnn.com/2017/10/19/pf/grad-school-worth-it/index.html
- Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., and Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., have introduced legislation that would make university adjunct instructors eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. The part-time status of contingent faculty currently makes them ineligible for the program. Diverse: Issues In Higher Education (10/19)20 Oct 2017 12:47:29 CDThttp://diverseeducation.com/article/103585/