Here you will find tools and resources to help you get the most out of your Central Midwest HERC membership.
But HERC is much more than a job board. Here you will also find information on the other benefits available to you as a Central Midwest HERC member including:
- Professional development opportunities and resources including regional member meetings and events and upcoming webinars and archived webinars on topics such as diversity recruitment, dual-career, and social media that allow you to stay on the cutting edge of best recruitment and retention practices;
- Up-to-date information on the member discounts on recruitment and retention products and services that will help cut the costs of your efforts;
- Dual-career and diversity organization resources to enhance your recruitment and retention efforts;
- OFCCP compliance resources to include in annual reports as part of good-faith efforts to reach minorities, veterans, and professionals with disabilities; and
- Tips on how to maximize your Central Midwest HERC membership.
This is also where you can access downloadable documents and materials to help you leverage your membership in Central Midwest HERC.
Follow Central Midwest HERC
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- To learn more about candidates, job interviewers often ask candidates about the websites they visit regularly, says career strategist Mary Grace Gardner. The question also is a reminder to candidates to create a professional social media presence for employers to see, suggests Rosemary Haefner, chief human resources officer at CareerBuilder. CNBC (10/15)16 Oct 2017 12:24:11 CDThttps://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/13/how-to-answer-the-interview-question-whats-your-favorite-website.html
- Graduate and postdoctoral students can broaden their career horizons by getting involved in campus organizations and attending cross-disciplinary lectures, writes Lynn Talton, director of the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs at the University of California at Los Angeles. They also should look out for good professional-development opportunities, Talton suggests in this commentary. Inside Higher Ed (10/16)16 Oct 2017 12:24:11 CDThttps://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2017/10/16/finding-better-balance-your-work-essay
- Forbes (10/12)16 Oct 2017 12:24:11 CDThttps://www.forbes.com/sites/karstenstrauss/2017/10/12/flex-time-jobs-the-10-best-career-fields-for-making-your-own-schedule/#48779bd576b9
- President Donald Trump issued an executive order Thursday he said increases competition in the insurance market and gives Americans more choices. Tami Luhby looks at how the order strays from the Affordable Care Act, letting small businesses collectively buy health insurance, extending short-term plans and potentially allowing employers to reimburse workers to buy insurance on their own. CNNMoney (10/13)16 Oct 2017 12:24:11 CDThttp://money.cnn.com/2017/10/12/news/economy/trump-health-care-executive-order/index.html?iid=hp-toplead-dom