Information for Prospective Member Institutions
Greater Chicago Midwest HERC membership is a cost-effective way to stay informed, promote unlimited jobs at your institution, and interact with colleagues at other regional institutions. Once a institution joins, all employees are eligible to participate in our training programs and other initiatives without any added cost.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive our current Prospective Member Packet, or if you have questions about membership or dues.
Membership is open to accredited colleges and universities and like-minded institutions. Our member institutions include research, medical, and cultural institutions, and one elite science-focused high school.
To be a member, institutions must meet the following criteria:
- Be located in the Greater Chicago Midwest HERC region
- Pay membership dues
- Maintain current and accurate listings of academic and staff positions on the Greater Chicago Midwest HERC website
- Support the Greater Chicago Midwest HERC's efforts to track data as a means to measure HERC's success
- Become featured on the only comprehensive employment website in Greater Chicago focusing on colleges and universities, research, healthcare, and arts and culture
- Research a diverse and highly educated workforce
- Receive unlimited access to posting faculty and staff jobs (full members only)
- Reach job seekers directly via e-mail job alerts
- Assist couples through the website's ability to conduct dual career searches
- Broaden your institution’s applicant pool
- Network with other colleagues from other institutions at members-only programs
- Access to national and regional webinars on topics relevant to recruiters, HR and Diversity officers, and the Office of the Provost
- Exchange information on best practices in recruitment and retention, partner placement and diversity
- Greater Chicago Midwest also offers expertise in identifying creative ways to reach talented, diverse candidates
Dues for full members are based on the number of FTE (full-time equivalent) students or FTE employees (if you do not have students) and range from $1,450 to $7,785.
All services are the same for all levels and include a job board with unlimited postings, free attendance for employees at Greater Chicago Midwest HERC training and networking events, help with dual-career issues and more.
A select number of corporations may join as associate members.
The lead institution for Greater Chicago Midwest HERC is The University of Chicago. GCMHERC was founded in 2007 by Northwestern University, the University of Illinois at Chicago, Argonne National Laboratory, Fermilab and the University of Chicago. We are one of 17 regional HERCs nationally.
Featured Member Institutions