6 Questions for Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed is HERC's newest Trustee Level Partner. Inside Higher Ed is the free daily news website for people who work in higher education. Breaking news, lively debate and more than 14,000 faculty and administrative job postings draw 1.3 million readers a month, making it the ideal platform to reach a large and diverse audience of higher education professionals. Learn about member discounts with Inside Higher Ed here.
1. If you had one word to describe what your company is all about, what is it?
Access. From the start, Inside Higher Ed has made all our content free to users, so that you and your employees needn't have an expense account (or spend any of your institution's precious dollars) to benefit from our high-quality news, commentary, career advice and blogs. That has allowed us to build a large audience that represents the future of higher education – younger, more diverse, and more engaged than any other higher education publication. That audience, your future workforce, doesn’t have money for subscriptions.
2. What makes your service stand out in the higher education recruitment and retention field?
Reaching the passive candidate. Employers' ads and messaging are integrated with every piece of content on our website, so that in addition to being able to actively hunt for 12,000+ jobs through a search, the men and women trying to improve themselves professionally by keeping up with our must-read content are also the "passive" candidates you most want to reach.
3. What is the tool or resource you provide to clients that wins you the most accolades?
The full integration of jobs and content. Alone among higher education recruitment sites, Inside Higher Ed fully integrates its employment postings with its content. Because it is a publication, it fully meets the U.S. Department of Labor's requirement for publishing ads in a "national professional journal" as part of the recruitment process leading to the hiring of foreign national employees, and Inside Higher Ed integrates job postings with all of its content, so that the engaged higher education professionals striving to improve themselves by keeping current with our editorial content also become your job candidates.
4. What is a trend you see in your field that affects higher education recruitment?
Searches are more complex than ever as colleges and society ask more of professors. It’s not enough for a candidate to be a first rate researcher; she needs to be able to teach well, and teach students of a variety of backgrounds. It’s not enough for a college to be prestigious; candidates want institutions that are family-friendly, transparent about promotion and more. The old standards – and old search processes – just don’t do the job these days.
5. Does your company have any new initiatives or products that would be of interest to HERC members?
Inside Higher Ed will be transitioning to a new job board platform this year and we’ll have a number of exciting new options to offer greater exposure for your job postings. Stay tuned!
6. Why is partnering with HERC important to your company?
HERC and Inside Higher Ed share a commitment to improving the higher education workplace by helping to engage and inform those involved in both sides of the hiring process – and helping employers (HERC's members and Inside Higher Ed's readers and customers) market their institutions to the best, most diverse pool of current and future leaders in higher education.
- 19 Apr 2018 12:37:43 CDThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/0E0D101A-9C22-4FF5-8D08-49BCDCE127FC
- 19 Apr 2018 12:37:43 CDThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/B311E7D3-F963-41F4-85B2-1CCFC3320950
- 19 Apr 2018 12:37:43 CDThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/2A93C156-99D9-4126-80AB-826A848E3D46