6 Questions for INSIGHT Into Diversity
INSIGHT Into Diversity is HERC's newest Trustee Level Partner. INSIGHT Into Diversity is the largest/oldest diversity and inclusion magazine/website in higher education today. Our pool of job seekers is broad and vast, in part because we’ve formed strategic partnerships with organizations representing talented individuals from all underrepresented populations. Learn about member discounts with INSIGHT Into Diversity here.
1. If you had one word to describe what your organization/company is all about, what is it?
2. What makes your service stand out in the higher education recruitment and retention field?
Two specific things: 1) we have the broadest definition of diversity of any diversity publication in higher education—we embrace and write about race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, medical condition or history, veteran status, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation. In addition, we partner with 30 organizations highly respected organizations in an effort to reach all underserved populations, and whose members are jobseekers and readers of insight into diversity magazine.
3. What is the tool or resource you provide to clients that wins you the most accolades?
Insight into diversity is unique in that we truly do advance the conversation regarding diversity and inclusion. We are most well known for our innovations, and recognitions/awards, most notably our insight into diversity higher education excellence in diversity (heed) award, which is now in its 5th year and continues to grow (92 colleges and universities received it in 2015). We also have our diversity champions, the insight into diversity giving back diversity leadership award, the inspiring women in stem recognition, and diversity visionaries.
4.What is a trend you see in your field that affects higher education recruitment?
Difficulty recruiting diversity faculty and staff – it’s an ongoing challenge
5. Does your organization/company have any new initiatives or products that would be of interest to HERC members?
Absolutely—our Heed award, as well as our other awards—we highly encourage all schools to apply!
6. Why is partnering with HERC important to your organization/company?
We want to continue to move the conversation forward regarding diversity and inclusion, and know that HERC’s membership is engaged and excited to do the same. The more we all work together, the more we will all accomplish.
- 12 Jul 2018 12:40:56 CDThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/F51F07B6-6B99-489A-8497-2747FC0871DB
- 12 Jul 2018 12:40:56 CDThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/625B83CC-2250-4C7E-9BF8-AFC11B7E9107
- 12 Jul 2018 12:40:56 CDThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/2052EA3E-ABE8-422F-BC73-960556469DC6