6 Questions for ProfHire
ProfHire is HERC's newest Trustee Level Partner. ProfHire combines more than 25 years of experience in higher education and human resources to make hiring part-time faculty easier and more effective. We source, screen, reference check, and conduct preliminary interviews with a diverse pool of qualified scholars and industry professionals. Learn about member discounts with ProfHire here.
1. If you had one word to describe what your organization/company is all about, what is it?
2. What makes your service stand out in the higher education recruitment and retention field?
We are the only service that presents vetted scholars and industry professionals to higher education institutions for part-time faculty positions. Because we have over 25 years experience in higher education we have an insider's understanding of the challenges. ProfHire was founded to solve the problems we and others experienced associated with recruiting, vetting, hiring, ensuring compliance training, and providing support for part-time faculty. As part-time faculty ourselves, we know the concerns faced by people looking for part-time faculty positions.
3. What is the tool or resource you provide to clients that wins you the most accolades?
Our proprietary matching algorithm and vetting process makes finding qualified part-time faculty both more efficient and more effective. We often hear how easy our system is to use and hiring managers love the ability to see a comprehensive profile of fully-vetted candidates.
4.What is a trend you see in your field that affects higher education recruitment?
Faculty are now and have always been the number one determiner of student experience. Today, adjuncts make up more than 50% of faculty. Because online courses are on the rise, the number of part-time faculty is expected to continue to increase. Colleges and universities are also beginning to seek part-time faculty with industry experience to balance scholarship and theory, with practice.
5. Does your organization/company have any new initiatives or products that would be of interest to HERC members?
In addition to our vetting process, ProfHire offers pre-employment assessments and compliance training before the candidates are hired. More products and services will be announced soon.
6. Why is partnering with HERC important to your organization/company?
As an early member of HERC, Lesa Hammond, the CEO of ProfHire knows the benefits HERC brings to its schools and knows that HERC has been at the leading edge when it comes to helping universities stay up to date on recruiting trends.
- 18 Jan 2018 13:30:07 CSThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/41E79136-7137-41AC-B8EF-F7B0C7F54184
- 18 Jan 2018 13:30:07 CSThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/DD966659-F18C-44C6-B77D-9EE7E3772265
- 18 Jan 2018 13:30:07 CSThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/EA0C5BD4-2953-400E-B061-670B790F8FEE