6 Questions for SMARTMOVE
SMARTMOVE is HERC's newest Trustee Level Partner. SMARTMOVE is a single sourced, no-cost relocation program administered by Long & Foster, the nation’s largest residential real estate firm. Learn about member discounts with SMARTMOVE here.
1. If you had one word to describe what your organization/company is all about, what is it?
2. What makes your service stand out in the higher education recruitment and retention field?
Our relocation program not only focuses on the basics of selling a home, finding a home or moving services, we excel at personal service geared to the family dynamics. We understand there is a cost associated with university to recruit top talent in the higher education positions therefore we provide “up-front” candidate services at the interview stage. Our counselors arrange customized area tours, complimentary destination information, relocation cost projections, home marketing assistance and mortgage pre-approval.
3. What is the tool or resource you provide to clients that wins you the most accolades?
Our company has relationships with universities of diverse size and scope. Service offerings and programs are customized to meet the unique needs and culture of each. We have collaborated on the design and development of web-based resources combined with substantial financial incentives for relocating new hires. Benefits are also available as a work-life benefit for all existing employees. Candidates, new hires and current employees may enroll in the program via a direct link to a co-branded website which outlines the program benefits in detail.
4. What is a trend you see in your field that affects higher education recruitment?
The biggest challenge we recognize in higher education recruitment today is the consistency of a formal relocation program which outlines their relocation benefit and how the employee must manage their lump sum allowance or no allowance at all. New hires need direction and up-front knowledge if they can afford to make the move or not. Family dynamics play a big role in the equation as well to see if the new location is a “win-win” for everyone. By taking the initiative to explore how a relocation company can provide the resources and information at the candidate stage at very little or no costs to the university can enhance recruiting and retention ratios dramatically.
5. Does your organization/company have any new initiatives or products that would be of interest to HERC members?
Our SMARTMOVE program has a proven track record with universities to provide candidate services, departure and destination services as well as a full menu of relocation services to meet the needs of a relocating family or HERC member moving locally. Our technology is innovative and customized with a friendly web portal that is easily accessed for both recruiters and university members to utilize the benefits we offer. Customized reporting is also available by schools and department for future budgeting forecast.
6. Why is partnering with HERC important to your organization/company?
The positive impact we have made on the recruitment and relocation efforts of our university clients is a big indicator of the value we deliver to this segment of our client base. We understand the de-centralized nature of universities as it relates to hiring and retaining faculty, staff and administrators. In addition, we understand the limited relocation dollars our university clients. Our substantial rebates and discounts go a long way towards enhancing the benefit package extended by the university. It is a win-win scenario we would like to promote and grow with other schools throughout the country.
- 18 Jan 2018 13:30:07 CSThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/41E79136-7137-41AC-B8EF-F7B0C7F54184
- 18 Jan 2018 13:30:07 CSThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/DD966659-F18C-44C6-B77D-9EE7E3772265
- 18 Jan 2018 13:30:07 CSThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/EA0C5BD4-2953-400E-B061-670B790F8FEE