6 Questions for The THE, Times Higher Education
The THE is HERC's newest Trustee Level Partner. Times Higher Education is; the trusted global source of higher education news and insight, the place to go for career planning, networking and job seeking, the founder of prestigious awards, celebrating excellence in higher education and the authoritative voice on global university rankings. Learn about member discounts with The THE here.
1. If you had one word to describe what your company is all about, what is it?
2. What makes your service stand out in the higher education recruitment and retention field?
Over 40 years of experience, a keen understanding of international higher education, a presence in over 200 countries around the world and a passion for people. These attributes make us the most comprehensive higher education recruitment service in the world.
3. What is the tool or resource you provide to clients that wins you the most accolades?
The exposure offered by our sector leading print publication in combination with our brand new online recruitment platform offers our clients exceptional exposure. It is this exposure that gains us praise from candidates, clients and industry institutions alike.
4. What is a trend you see in your field that affects higher education recruitment?
We have recognized a growing mobility amongst academics and professional staff alike. With more and more HE professionals willing to consider opportunities in every corner of the world, the chance to attract the best research, teaching and strategic talent from abroad has never been so prevalent. The ability to produce world class research, attract top quality students and climb those ever important rankings all revolve around establishing a culturally diverse and internationally experienced faculty and staff base.
5. Does your company have any new initiatives or products that would be of interest to HERC members?
We have broadened our product base drastically over the past year, introducing a series of premium products that have provided stellar results already. Over the next three months we will be introducing innovative ways of reaching passive jobseekers including online widgets; which will help drive traffic from partnering websites through to our client’s vacancies. We are also expanding our reach with our search and selection function, which will help match your vacancy with the perfect candidates from around the globe; this function is supported by Reed Elsevier, the world’s largest jobseeker database.
6. Why is partnering with HERC important to your company?
HERC’s vision “to promote equity and excellence in higher education recruitment worldwide” closely reflects our own core values, to create a global platform for higher education institutions to recruit the best quality faculty and staff regardless of geographic location. HERC’s mission “to advance the ability of member institutions to recruit and retain the most diverse and talented workforce and to assist dual-career couples” has been an ethos that we have followed for our customers around the world for over 40 years and we cannot wait to start working with all of HERC’s amazing members.
- 18 Jan 2018 13:30:07 CSThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/41E79136-7137-41AC-B8EF-F7B0C7F54184
- 18 Jan 2018 13:30:07 CSThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/DD966659-F18C-44C6-B77D-9EE7E3772265
- 18 Jan 2018 13:30:07 CSThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/EA0C5BD4-2953-400E-B061-670B790F8FEE