HERC Launches Disability Inclusion Toolkit
HERC has teamed up with alliance partner, the US Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy to provide a new member resource-- The Disability Inclusion Toolkit.
In all employment settings, including higher education, a diverse workforce means more perspectives on how to confront challenges and achieve organizational success.
Getting Started with Disability Inclusion
When it comes to ensuring a workplace inclusive of the skills and talents of people with disabilities, however, not all HERC members may know where to start. The HERC Disability Inclusion Toolkit provides a path, addressing eight important topics and outlining a range of effective strategies higher education institutions can use to effectively employ qualified people with disabilities and foster a disability-inclusive work culture across the organization.
- Federal Disability Laws
- Disability Training & Technical Assistance
- Internships & Mentoring
- Community Outreach
- Inclusion Across the Lifecycle
- Accountability & Assessment
Watch the "Disability Diversity in the Higher Education Workforce" webinar to learn more about the toolkit and institutional best practices:
- 19 Apr 2018 12:37:43 CDThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/0E0D101A-9C22-4FF5-8D08-49BCDCE127FC
- 19 Apr 2018 12:37:43 CDThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/B311E7D3-F963-41F4-85B2-1CCFC3320950
- 19 Apr 2018 12:37:43 CDThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/2A93C156-99D9-4126-80AB-826A848E3D46