HERC Launches Disability Inclusion Toolkit
HERC has teamed up with alliance partner, the US Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy to provide a new member resource-- The Disability Inclusion Toolkit.
In all employment settings, including higher education, a diverse workforce means more perspectives on how to confront challenges and achieve organizational success.
Getting Started with Disability Inclusion
When it comes to ensuring a workplace inclusive of the skills and talents of people with disabilities, however, not all HERC members may know where to start. The HERC Disability Inclusion Toolkit provides a path, addressing eight important topics and outlining a range of effective strategies higher education institutions can use to effectively employ qualified people with disabilities and foster a disability-inclusive work culture across the organization.
- Federal Disability Laws
- Disability Training & Technical Assistance
- Internships & Mentoring
- Community Outreach
- Inclusion Across the Lifecycle
- Accountability & Assessment
Watch the "Disability Diversity in the Higher Education Workforce" webinar to learn more about the toolkit and institutional best practices:
- 19 Jul 2018 12:28:55 CDThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/BE6EA0F7-2390-4559-B82F-3D0378678B3C
- 19 Jul 2018 12:28:55 CDThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/1DE46024-916B-4880-A2FA-F653B2317991
- 19 Jul 2018 12:28:55 CDThttp://www.smartbrief.com/branded/2C38068E-E325-4E2A-945A-692BD5A52313/6B865E57-92A0-4B27-84A3-8468EFA7094F