About Mid-Atlantic HERC
To promote equity and excellence in higher education recruitment throughout the region which encompasses Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Mid-Atlantic HERC advances member institutions’ ability to recruit and retain the most diverse and talented workforce and to assist dual-career couples.
- To share information and to assist in developing cooperative strategies and programs designed to strengthen the recruitment and retention efforts on our campuses, and to collaboratively work together to assist and support dual-career couples who seek employment within a commutable distance of one another;
- To conduct and encourage research and evaluation in the field of talent management, diversity recruiting, and work/life balance;
- To articulate the philosophy of HERC and to find ways to make both the philosophy and practice widely known;
- To maintain a service and resource center for member institutions and jobseekers; and
- To play an active role in broadening the number and diversity of the regional membership.
Who We Are
The Mid-Atlantic HERC is governed by an Advisory Committee drawn from its member institutions and administered by the Mid-Atlantic HERC Director.
"Dual academic career issues continue to be an increasing challenge in faculty hiring. The NorCal HERC web site is an important resource for us – dual-career jobs found through HERC have been key in our ability to recruit several faculty."Share Your HERC Story
Featured Member Institutions