Resources for Member Institutions
Here you will find all the tools and resources to help you get the most out of your NJ/Eastern PA/DE HERC membership.
The comprehensive job board is the core component of the HERC enterprise. In this section, you will find technical information on posting your jobs that not only conveys the job responsibilities and required qualifications but also present your institution as a great place to work.
But HERC is much more than a job board. Here you will also find information on the other benefits available to you as a NJ/Eastern PA/DE HERC member, including:
- Professional development opportunities and resources including webinars and resources from membership meetings on topics such as diversity recruitment, dual career, and social media that allow you to stay on the cutting edge of best recruitment and retention practices
- Up-to-date information on the member discounts on recruitment and retention products and services that will help cut the costs of your recruitment efforts.
Follow HERC Regionally
"The relationships I have been able to develop through the HERC allowed for a very quick turnaround in regards to collecting best practices information from other schools that enabled our HR department to go into a negotiation much better prepared."Share Your HERC Story
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Thank-you messages are still a relevant way to reach out to hiring managers and networking partners after interviews and meetings, writes Karla Miller. However, it's best to email the notes. The Washington Post (tiered subscription model) (11/16)17 Nov 2017 12:00:17 CSThttps://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/are-thank-you-notes-outdated-in-the-digital-job-market/2017/11/14/0d18e7cc-b43d-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html
- Academic job candidates should create a cover letter and curriculum vitae with their specific skills that match each job clearly highlighted, writes Judith White, president and executive director of HERS. In this commentary, she gives step-by-step instructions for developing and revising job application materials. Inside Higher Ed (11/16)17 Nov 2017 12:00:17 CSThttps://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2017/11/16/how-write-most-effective-cover-letter-essay
- U.S. News & World Report (11/16)17 Nov 2017 12:00:17 CSThttps://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/2017-11-16/when-and-how-to-follow-up-during-a-job-search
- Robots and artificial intelligence will advance quickly, so society needs to look at business models, policies and community structures if we want to reduce job losses and upheaval, writes Calestous Juma of Harvard Kennedy School. Meanwhile, a Brookings Institution report suggests the need for digital skills across fields has risen sharply since 2002, though the effects have been unevenly spread across industries, gender and race. The Conversation (US) (11/12)17 Nov 2017 12:00:17 CSThttps://theconversation.com/jobs-and-robots-bracing-for-technological-disruptions-to-come-87118
Featured Member Institutions