Resources for Member Institutions
Here you will find all the tools and resources to help you get the most out of your NJ/Eastern PA/DE HERC membership.
The comprehensive job board is the core component of the HERC enterprise. In this section, you will find technical information on posting your jobs that not only conveys the job responsibilities and required qualifications but also present your institution as a great place to work.
But HERC is much more than a job board. Here you will also find information on the other benefits available to you as a NJ/Eastern PA/DE HERC member, including:
- Professional development opportunities and resources including webinars and resources from membership meetings on topics such as diversity recruitment, dual career, and social media that allow you to stay on the cutting edge of best recruitment and retention practices
- Up-to-date information on the member discounts on recruitment and retention products and services that will help cut the costs of your recruitment efforts.
Follow HERC Regionally
"Our institution has a strong interest in broadening the pool of applicants for any given position, and in the recruitment of dual-career couples. The notion that one might be able to search easily for all the faculty jobs in a region advances important institutional goals. The ease, convenience, and transparency of the HERC website all make a lot of sense."Share Your HERC Story
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- College graduates should begin socking away money for retirement during their first job out of school, writes financial expert Peter Dunn. A $250 investment each month could grow to more than $1.3 million over a 45-year career, Dunn writes in this commentary. USA Today (4/20)23 Apr 2018 13:14:42 CDThttps://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/columnist/2018/04/20/how-set-yourself-up-life-financial-success-day-1/496011002/
- Schedule job interviews during your lunch break, at the end of the day or when you're working from home to avoid raising suspicions by your current employer, Alyse Kalish writes. Work on your applications at home and refrain from talking about your job search with colleagues. The Muse (4/19)23 Apr 2018 13:14:42 CDThttps://www.themuse.com/advice/11-subtle-ways-job-search-at-work-without-boss-finding-out?ref=recently-published-0
- Glassdoor (4/20)23 Apr 2018 13:14:42 CDThttps://www.glassdoor.com/blog/getting-a-job-has-changed/
- Initial claims for unemployment benefits in the US fell for the week ended April 14 to 232,000, and the unemployment rate sits at 4.1%, according to the last figures from the Labor Department. Sustained job growth remains in place as the country added 103,000 jobs in March. Reuters (4/19)23 Apr 2018 13:14:42 CDThttps://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-unemployment/u-s-weekly-jobless-claims-dip-in-latest-week-idUSKBN1HQ1QY
Featured Member Institutions