Resources for Member Institutions
Here you will find all the tools and resources to help you get the most out of your NJ/Eastern PA/DE HERC membership.
The comprehensive job board is the core component of the HERC enterprise. In this section, you will find technical information on posting your jobs that not only conveys the job responsibilities and required qualifications but also present your institution as a great place to work.
But HERC is much more than a job board. Here you will also find information on the other benefits available to you as a NJ/Eastern PA/DE HERC member, including:
- Professional development opportunities and resources including webinars and resources from membership meetings on topics such as diversity recruitment, dual career, and social media that allow you to stay on the cutting edge of best recruitment and retention practices
- Up-to-date information on the member discounts on recruitment and retention products and services that will help cut the costs of your recruitment efforts.
Follow HERC Regionally
"HERC is a must if your institution cares about dual-career couples, diversity, employment outreach, and learning cutting-edge recruitment and retention strategies."Share Your HERC Story
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Good mentors will take an interest in the personal and professional lives of those they mentor and keep communication open, writes Shikha Jain Goodwin, a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Minnesota and Minneapolis VA Medical Center. Those being mentored should respect their mentor's time and come up with clear common goals for the relationship, Goodwin suggests. Science (free content) (6/23)23 Jun 2017 12:22:13 CDThttp://science.sciencemag.org/content/356/6344/1302
- It doesn't pay to focus too much on salary considerations when your benefits package often comprises about 30% of your overall compensation. Instead, take into account the medical insurance, paid time off and retirement benefits being offered, writes Susannah Snider. U.S. News & World Report (6/22)23 Jun 2017 12:22:13 CDThttp://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/articles/2017-06-22/how-to-evaluate-an-employee-benefits-package
- San Francisco Chronicle (tiered subscription model) (6/22)23 Jun 2017 12:22:13 CDThttp://blog.sfgate.com/gettowork/2017/06/22/keep-your-summer-job-search-moving-forward/
- A national survey found only 40% of female postdoctoral students who were pregnant asked for pregnancy accommodations from their institutions, even though 93% were granted. Postdocs say their hesitancy stems from a lack of family-friendly policies and research pressures in their departments. Inside Higher Ed (6/22)23 Jun 2017 12:22:13 CDThttps://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017/06/22/survey-parent-postdocs-reveals-lack-access-paid-parental-leave-pressures-return-work
Featured Member Institutions