Contact Southern California HERC
Attn: Jennifer ParkUCSD9500 Gilman DriveMail Code:0065La Jolla, CA 92093-0065
Technical Website Issues
Kari Steele, Technology and Data Director
To be a member, institutions must meet all of the following criteria:
- Accredited institution located in Southern California
- Payment of membership dues
- Maintain current and accurate listings of academic and staff positions on the Southern California HERC website
- Support the Southern California HERC's efforts to track data as a means to measure HERC's success
Joining is easy. Contact us for more information!
Information for Partners & Prospective Partners
Southern California HERC welcomes mutually beneficial partnerships with Southern California non-profits and businesses that support the Southern California HERC mission or provide services that can support Southern California HERC goals.
Examples of mutually beneficial exchanges include adding a link on to your organization’s website on our website promoting your products or services in exchange for discounts for Southern California HERC members or invitations to exhibit or speak at our membership meetings.
Email the Southern California HERC Director or call 858-822-5862 to discuss how your organization and Southern California HERC can work together.
Southern California HERC covers Central Coast, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, and San Diego.
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Prepare your references by giving them a list of your recent projects, as well as your resume and cover letter, Monica Torres writes. Explain the qualities that the job requires and the types of questions that they might receive. Ladders (7/16)18 Jul 2018 12:56:02 CDThttps://www.theladders.com/career-advice/why-you-need-to-vet-and-coach-your-job-references
- Higher-education faculty members should consider dedicating a week during the summer to developing a "master scholarship plan," writes Christine Tulley, author, English professor and academic career development coordinator for the Center for Teaching Excellence at the University of Findlay. The plan should encompass any upcoming conference presentations, grant deadlines and projects, she advises. Inside Higher Ed (7/11)18 Jul 2018 12:56:02 CDThttps://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2018/07/11/benefits-developing-master-writing-plan-over-summer-opinion
- CNNMoney (7/9)18 Jul 2018 12:56:02 CDThttps://money.cnn.com/2018/07/09/pf/how-to-increase-work-productivity/index.html
- Facebook has hired professors from top universities, such as Carnegie Mellon, Oxford and the University of California at Berkeley, to help improve its artificial intelligence research group. Company executives say the hires are working under a "co-employment model" that allows them to keep part-time positions at their universities. Forbes (7/18)18 Jul 2018 12:56:02 CDThttps://www.forbes.com/sites/samshead/2018/07/18/facebook-hires-top-brains-to-boost-ai-labs/#5ee964353a77