Contact Southern California HERC
Attn: Jennifer ParkUCSD9500 Gilman DriveMail Code:0065La Jolla, CA 92093-0065
Technical Website Issues
Kari Steele, Technology and Data Director
To be a member, institutions must meet all of the following criteria:
- Accredited institution located in Southern California
- Payment of membership dues
- Maintain current and accurate listings of academic and staff positions on the Southern California HERC website
- Support the Southern California HERC's efforts to track data as a means to measure HERC's success
Joining is easy. Contact us for more information!
Information for Partners & Prospective Partners
Southern California HERC welcomes mutually beneficial partnerships with Southern California non-profits and businesses that support the Southern California HERC mission or provide services that can support Southern California HERC goals.
Examples of mutually beneficial exchanges include adding a link on to your organization’s website on our website promoting your products or services in exchange for discounts for Southern California HERC members or invitations to exhibit or speak at our membership meetings.
Email the Southern California HERC Director or call 858-822-5862 to discuss how your organization and Southern California HERC can work together.
Southern California HERC covers Central Coast, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, and San Diego.
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Graduate students can differentiate their curriculum vitae by including what CareerTrax founder David Jensen calls "add-ons," such as a certificate or a group or association affiliation. Such extras can highlight unique skills other candidates may lack, Jensen writes in this commentary. Science (free content) (3/14)16 Mar 2018 12:56:05 CDThttp://www.sciencemag.org/careers/2018/03/little-add-ons-add-standout-cv
- You can benefit more from conference attendance by researching which workshops are most relevant to you, writes Thomas Smale. Check out social media beforehand to identify the sessions others in your field are attending, and follow up with new people you meet after returning to the office. Entrepreneur online (3/14)16 Mar 2018 12:56:05 CDThttps://www.entrepreneur.com/article/310031
- U.S. News & World Report (3/14)16 Mar 2018 12:56:05 CDThttps://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/2018-03-14/3-questions-you-must-be-prepared-to-answer-in-a-job-interview
- A recent report from the American Association of University Women found that women graduate college with about $1,500 more in student loans than their male peers and carry about two-thirds of all student debt in the nation. Researchers say factors influencing the disparity include the fact that more women are attending college and a persistent pay gap with men after graduation. CNBC (3/14)16 Mar 2018 12:56:05 CDThttps://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/american-women-hold-two-thirds-of-all-student-debt-heres-why.html