Central Midwest HERC
Welcome to the Central Midwest HERC
The Central Midwest HERC connects talented professionals with the region’s best colleges, universities, hospitals, government/non-profit organizations, and members of private industry, listing hundreds of jobs from our member institutions.
Our member institutions are committed to diversity hiring and dual-career couples, and our jobs cover the broadest spectrum of business functions, academic disciplines, and career stages. Our job search resources are free and open to the public. If your institution is interested in membership details, please contact us.
Our website offers:
- Simplified Job Searching – improved search filters, alerts, and a simplified user interface
- Enhanced Dual-Career Options – easier ways to link your job search and your partner’s
- CV / Resume Builder – convenient uploading, formatting, and saving functionality
- A Searchable Job Portfolio – the ability to upload more materials for better exposure to employers
- Google Maps – mapping integration allows quick assessments of potential commuting and relocation
- Mobile Access – access to your account and search functionality while on the go.
If you have questions, concerns, suggestions, or observations about our site, please share them.
We’re here to help – good luck in your search!
News and Upcoming Events
- Date: Tuesday, April 18, 2017
- Time: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Location: Grand View University, 1200 Grandview Avenue, Des Moines
- Directions to The Student Center at Grand View
- Topic: Importance of Campus/Community Partnerships to Grow Employee Diversity and Assist Dual Career Couples.
- Tentative break-out sessions:
- Unconscious Bias in Recruitment and Retention;
- Maximizing HERC Membership Benefits;
- The Importance of Assisting Dual-Career Couples
- Recruiting Diverse Employees in Rural Areas
- Diversity Recruitment in Health Care Environments
- Tentative break-out sessions:
For more information, please visit our meetings and events page.
Welcome New Members!
Interested in becoming a Central Midwest HERC Member?
To receive a free Central Midwest New Membership Packet, email the Central Midwest HERC Director or call 319.335.3991.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
Many interim positions can turn into permanent roles if you prove yourself on the job. Ask yourself what qualities you exhibit that led to your appointment, try to learn as much as you can about your new role and show patience as you work toward proving yourself, writes Ben Dattner. Harvard Business Review online (tiered subscription model) (1/16)18 Jan 2017 13:23:57 CSThttps://hbr.org/2017/01/how-to-turn-an-interim-role-into-a-permanent-job
Candidates searching for their first academic job should focus on five strategies, including honing their cover letter and setting up mock interviews, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire assistant professor Christina Berchini recommends in this commentary. She also suggests researching potential institutions and carefully selecting who will write recommendation letters. InsideHigherEd.com (1/18)18 Jan 2017 13:23:57 CSThttps://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2017/01/18/tips-embarking-job-market-first-time-essay
SHRM Online (1/17)18 Jan 2017 13:23:57 CSThttps://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/hr-topics/organizational-and-employee-development/pages/your-career-qa-how-to-plan-and-execute-a-stealth-job-search.aspx
President-elect Donald Trump's vow to reverse some of President Barack Obama's executive orders could affect diversity programs and employee protections for federal contractors and employees. About 24,000 companies have contracts with the government, though not all employees work on projects, according to the Labor Department. Bloomberg (1/16)18 Jan 2017 13:23:57 CSThttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-16/trump-vow-to-erase-obama-executive-orders-has-diversity-ripple