Central Midwest HERC
Welcome to the Central Midwest HERC
The Central Midwest HERC connects talented professionals with the region’s best colleges, universities, hospitals, government/non-profit organizations, and members of private industry, listing hundreds of jobs from our member institutions.
Our member institutions are committed to diversity hiring and dual-career couples, and our jobs cover the broadest spectrum of business functions, academic disciplines, and career stages. Our job search resources are free and open to the public. If your institution is interested in membership details, please contact us.
Our website offers:
- Simplified Job Searching – improved search filters, alerts, and a simplified user interface
- Enhanced Dual-Career Options – easier ways to link your job search and your partner’s
- CV / Resume Builder – convenient uploading, formatting, and saving functionality
- A Searchable Job Portfolio – the ability to upload more materials for better exposure to employers
- Google Maps – mapping integration allows quick assessments of potential commuting and relocation
- Mobile Access – access to your account and search functionality while on the go.
If you have questions, concerns, suggestions, or observations about our site, please share them.
We’re here to help – good luck in your search!
News and Upcoming Events
- Date: Tuesday, April 18, 2017
- Time: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Location: Grand View University, 1200 Grandview Avenue, Des Moines
- Directions to The Student Center at Grand View
- Topic: Importance of Campus/Community Partnerships to Grow Employee Diversity and Assist Dual Career Couples.
- Tentative break-out sessions:
- Unconscious Bias in Recruitment and Retention;
- Maximizing HERC Membership Benefits;
- The Importance of Assisting Dual-Career Couples
- Recruiting Diverse Employees in Rural Areas
- Diversity Recruitment in Health Care Environments
- Tentative break-out sessions:
For more information, please visit our meetings and events page.
Welcome New Members!
Interested in becoming a Central Midwest HERC Member?
To receive a free Central Midwest New Membership Packet, email the Central Midwest HERC Director or call 319.335.3991.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
Professionals should seek mentors beyond their companies, and even their industries, writes Dorie Clark. Create a "mentor board of directors" that includes people of different backgrounds and experience levels, she writes. Harvard Business Review online (tiered subscription model) (1/19)23 Jan 2017 12:51:43 CSThttps://hbr.org/2017/01/your-career-needs-many-mentors-not-just-one
To help clarify a career direction, Natalie Lundsteen, director of graduate career development at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, suggests several strategies for assessing skills and strengths. In this commentary, she also recommends thinking about motivations behind a career choice. InsideHigherEd.com (1/23)23 Jan 2017 12:51:43 CSThttps://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2017/01/23/using-self-assessment-tools-help-you-determine-best-career-yourself-essay
Forbes (1/20)23 Jan 2017 12:51:43 CSThttp://www.forbes.com/sites/lizryan/2017/01/20/how-to-brand-yourself-for-a-career-change/
Repealing the Affordable Care Act could affect people who get their health insurance through their employers in addition to those who buy individual plans. The ACA put in place several protections, including a provision that limits waiting periods to 90 days for new employees. The Charlotte Observer (N.C.) (1/19)23 Jan 2017 12:51:43 CSThttp://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/health-family/article127415379.html