About Central Midwest HERC
The Central Midwest HERC's vision is to promote equity and excellence in higher education recruitment worldwide and to be a premier resource for recruitment and retention of highly trained, diverse applicants to higher education institutions and community partners in the region.
To advance the ability of member institutions to recruit and retain the most diverse and talented workforce and to assist dual-career couples.
To facilitate dual-career and diversity hiring at member institutions through the sharing of best practices, information, and resources, as well as the cultivation of partnerships to further shared goals and interests.
The Central Midwest HERC seeks to:
- Create a robust, multi-institution network that strengthens participating institutions and the region as a whole;
- Serve as a recruiting, marketing, and professional development resource for HERC member institutions;
- Enhance the ability of member institutions to connect spouses/partners of candidates and new hires to regional employment opportunities, including through partnerships with key partners from business and industry;
- Generate cost savings and efficiencies for member institutions through education regarding the national discount and cooperative advertising programs, partnerships, and services; and
- Evaluate HERC’s qualitative and quantitative return on investment.
The Central Midwest HERC is governed by an Advisory Board drawn from its member institutions and administered through the University of Iowa (UI). The program coordination will be performed by the Central Midwest HERC Director, a UI employee. As such, the UI will provide accounting services, technology support, personnel services, and business and grant administrative services.
Follow Central Midwest HERC
"HERC has increased my efficiency in posting positions. With One Click I can easily post to a variety of sites and know that I am reaching a broad and diverse audience. The webinars and member meetings address topics that are meaningful and timely such as recruiting diverse candidates and social media. HERC is a great investment!"Share Your HERC Story
“I do believe that thanks to my preparation that centered on HERC tools I was offered and accepted the position in which I am currently, and have been for two months. I'm grateful for HERC and strongly recommend using your tools! Thanks for being there, and supporting all of us.”Read Angie 's Story Share Your HERC Story