Central Midwest HERC
Welcome to the Central Midwest HERC
The Central Midwest HERC connects talented professionals with the region’s best colleges, universities, hospitals, government/non-profit organizations, and members of private industry, listing hundreds of jobs from our member institutions.
Our member institutions are committed to recruiting and retaining a more diverse and talented workforce and supporting dual-career couples. Our jobs cover a broad spectrum of business functions, academic disciplines, and career stages. Our job search resources are free and open to the public.
Our website offers:
- Simplified Job Searching – improved search filters, alerts, and a simplified user interface
- Enhanced Dual-Career Options – easier ways to link your job search and your partner’s
- CV/Résumé Builder – convenient uploading, formatting, and saving functionality
- A Searchable Job Portfolio – the ability to upload more materials for better exposure to employers
- Google Maps – mapping integration allows quick assessments of potential commuting and relocation
- Mobile Access – access to your account and search functionality while on the go.
If you have questions, concerns, suggestions, or observations about our site, share them with us.
We’re here to help – good luck in your search!
Follow Central Midwest HERC
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- If you have a gap in your resume due to personal circumstances, be honest but brief to explain why, Vicki Salemi writes. If you were let go by a previous employer because of cutbacks, highlight your performance strengths and ensure that you have references who will vouch for you. U.S. News & World Report (5/23)25 May 2018 12:39:09 CDThttps://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/2018-05-23/mind-the-gap-how-to-explain-gaps-on-your-resume
- To pull yourself out of a career rut, spend time with people who motivate you and reach out to networks outside of your usual circle, Ashley Stahl writes. Seek advice from a sponsor, join a mastermind group and consider getting a career coach. Forbes (5/24)25 May 2018 12:39:09 CDThttps://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleystahl/2018/05/24/5steps-to-break-out-of-a-career-rut/
- Fast Company online (5/23)25 May 2018 12:39:09 CDThttps://www.fastcompany.com/40570181/use-this-one-paragraph-cover-letter-to-land-your-next-job-interview
- Only 35% of college-educated women report feeling confident they can manage investments in their self-directed retirement accounts, compared with 60% of college-educated men and 41% of men who only hold high-school diplomas, according to a Federal Reserve survey. The difference may be exacerbating the gap in retirement savings between the genders, writes Jordan Yadoo. WealthManagement (5/23)25 May 2018 12:39:09 CDThttp://www.wealthmanagement.com/retirement-planning/theres-big-us-gender-gap-retirement-investing-confidence