Central Midwest HERC
Welcome to the Central Midwest HERC
The Central Midwest HERC connects talented professionals with the region’s best colleges, universities, hospitals, government/non-profit organizations, and members of private industry, listing hundreds of jobs from our member institutions.
Our member institutions are committed to recruiting and retaining a more diverse and talented workforce and supporting dual-career couples. Our jobs cover a broad spectrum of business functions, academic disciplines, and career stages. Our job search resources are free and open to the public.
Our website offers:
- Simplified Job Searching – improved search filters, alerts, and a simplified user interface
- Enhanced Dual-Career Options – easier ways to link your job search and your partner’s
- CV/Résumé Builder – convenient uploading, formatting, and saving functionality
- A Searchable Job Portfolio – the ability to upload more materials for better exposure to employers
- Google Maps – mapping integration allows quick assessments of potential commuting and relocation
- Mobile Access – access to your account and search functionality while on the go.
If you have questions, concerns, suggestions, or observations about our site, share them with us.
We’re here to help – good luck in your search!
Follow Central Midwest HERC
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Graduate students can differentiate their curriculum vitae by including what CareerTrax founder David Jensen calls "add-ons," such as a certificate or a group or association affiliation. Such extras can highlight unique skills other candidates may lack, Jensen writes in this commentary. Science (free content) (3/14)16 Mar 2018 12:56:05 CDThttp://www.sciencemag.org/careers/2018/03/little-add-ons-add-standout-cv
- You can benefit more from conference attendance by researching which workshops are most relevant to you, writes Thomas Smale. Check out social media beforehand to identify the sessions others in your field are attending, and follow up with new people you meet after returning to the office. Entrepreneur online (3/14)16 Mar 2018 12:56:05 CDThttps://www.entrepreneur.com/article/310031
- U.S. News & World Report (3/14)16 Mar 2018 12:56:05 CDThttps://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/2018-03-14/3-questions-you-must-be-prepared-to-answer-in-a-job-interview
- A recent report from the American Association of University Women found that women graduate college with about $1,500 more in student loans than their male peers and carry about two-thirds of all student debt in the nation. Researchers say factors influencing the disparity include the fact that more women are attending college and a persistent pay gap with men after graduation. CNBC (3/14)16 Mar 2018 12:56:05 CDThttps://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/american-women-hold-two-thirds-of-all-student-debt-heres-why.html