Central Midwest HERC
Welcome to the Central Midwest HERC
The Central Midwest HERC connects talented professionals with the region’s best colleges, universities, hospitals, government/non-profit organizations, and members of private industry, listing hundreds of jobs from our member institutions.
Our member institutions are committed to recruiting and retaining a more diverse and talented workforce and supporting dual-career couples. Our jobs cover a broad spectrum of business functions, academic disciplines, and career stages. Our job search resources are free and open to the public.
Our website offers:
- Simplified Job Searching – improved search filters, alerts, and a simplified user interface
- Enhanced Dual-Career Options – easier ways to link your job search and your partner’s
- CV/Résumé Builder – convenient uploading, formatting, and saving functionality
- A Searchable Job Portfolio – the ability to upload more materials for better exposure to employers
- Google Maps – mapping integration allows quick assessments of potential commuting and relocation
- Mobile Access – access to your account and search functionality while on the go.
If you have questions, concerns, suggestions, or observations about our site, share them with us.
We’re here to help – good luck in your search!
Follow Central Midwest HERC
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Strategies used by sales professionals are effective for job searches as well, such as flattery, mirroring the interviewer, and making the interview a two-way conversation, Emily Moore writes. The SPIN technique, which involves identifying pain points, is an example of a sales technique that job seekers can use, she writes. Glassdoor (8/14)15 Aug 2018 13:07:35 CDThttps://www.glassdoor.com/blog/sales-techniques-job-interview/
- LinkedIn and other social networks have become far more important than resumes for landing a job, Kathryn Vasel writes. Resumes have become less than 10% of the hiring process, says Macy Andrews, senior director of HR at Cisco. CNNMoney (8/14)15 Aug 2018 13:07:35 CDThttp://money.cnn.com/2018/08/14/pf/resume-dead/index.html
- U.S. News & World Report (8/14)15 Aug 2018 13:07:35 CDThttps://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/2018-08-14/5-questions-to-ask-yourself-before-starting-a-job-search
- The number of college students age 35 and older was 2.2 million in 2015 and is projected to grow to 2.4 million by 2026, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. Going back to school later in life could mean a hit to retirement savings, and those doing so should avoid borrowing from a 401(k) to pay for it, says advisor Sean Moore of Smart College Funding. MarketWatch (8/14)15 Aug 2018 13:07:35 CDThttps://www.marketwatch.com/story/student-loans-after-40-is-your-retirement-doomed-2018-08-13
“I do believe that thanks to my preparation that centered on HERC tools I was offered and accepted the position in which I am currently, and have been for two months. I'm grateful for HERC and strongly recommend using your tools! Thanks for being there, and supporting all of us.”Read Angie 's Story Share Your HERC Story