Central Midwest HERC
Welcome to the Central Midwest HERC
The Central Midwest HERC connects talented professionals with the region’s best colleges, universities, hospitals, government/non-profit organizations, and members of private industry, listing hundreds of jobs from our member institutions.
Our member institutions are committed to recruiting and retaining a more diverse and talented workforce and supporting dual-career couples. Our jobs cover a broad spectrum of business functions, academic disciplines, and career stages. Our job search resources are free and open to the public.
Our website offers:
- Simplified Job Searching – improved search filters, alerts, and a simplified user interface
- Enhanced Dual-Career Options – easier ways to link your job search and your partner’s
- CV/Résumé Builder – convenient uploading, formatting, and saving functionality
- A Searchable Job Portfolio – the ability to upload more materials for better exposure to employers
- Google Maps – mapping integration allows quick assessments of potential commuting and relocation
- Mobile Access – access to your account and search functionality while on the go.
If you have questions, concerns, suggestions, or observations about our site, share them with us.
We’re here to help – good luck in your search!
Follow Central Midwest HERC
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Prepare your references by giving them a list of your recent projects, as well as your resume and cover letter, Monica Torres writes. Explain the qualities that the job requires and the types of questions that they might receive. Ladders (7/16)18 Jul 2018 12:56:02 CDThttps://www.theladders.com/career-advice/why-you-need-to-vet-and-coach-your-job-references
- Higher-education faculty members should consider dedicating a week during the summer to developing a "master scholarship plan," writes Christine Tulley, author, English professor and academic career development coordinator for the Center for Teaching Excellence at the University of Findlay. The plan should encompass any upcoming conference presentations, grant deadlines and projects, she advises. Inside Higher Ed (7/11)18 Jul 2018 12:56:02 CDThttps://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2018/07/11/benefits-developing-master-writing-plan-over-summer-opinion
- CNNMoney (7/9)18 Jul 2018 12:56:02 CDThttps://money.cnn.com/2018/07/09/pf/how-to-increase-work-productivity/index.html
- Facebook has hired professors from top universities, such as Carnegie Mellon, Oxford and the University of California at Berkeley, to help improve its artificial intelligence research group. Company executives say the hires are working under a "co-employment model" that allows them to keep part-time positions at their universities. Forbes (7/18)18 Jul 2018 12:56:02 CDThttps://www.forbes.com/sites/samshead/2018/07/18/facebook-hires-top-brains-to-boost-ai-labs/#5ee964353a77