Central Midwest HERC
Welcome to the Central Midwest HERC
The Central Midwest HERC connects talented professionals with the region’s best colleges, universities, hospitals, government/non-profit organizations, and members of private industry, listing hundreds of jobs from our member institutions.
Our member institutions are committed to recruiting and retaining a more diverse and talented workforce and supporting dual-career couples. Our jobs cover a broad spectrum of business functions, academic disciplines, and career stages. Our job search resources are free and open to the public.
Our website offers:
- Simplified Job Searching – improved search filters, alerts, and a simplified user interface
- Enhanced Dual-Career Options – easier ways to link your job search and your partner’s
- CV/Résumé Builder – convenient uploading, formatting, and saving functionality
- A Searchable Job Portfolio – the ability to upload more materials for better exposure to employers
- Google Maps – mapping integration allows quick assessments of potential commuting and relocation
- Mobile Access – access to your account and search functionality while on the go.
If you have questions, concerns, suggestions, or observations about our site, share them with us.
We’re here to help – good luck in your search!
Follow Central Midwest HERC
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- To learn more about candidates, job interviewers often ask candidates about the websites they visit regularly, says career strategist Mary Grace Gardner. The question also is a reminder to candidates to create a professional social media presence for employers to see, suggests Rosemary Haefner, chief human resources officer at CareerBuilder. CNBC (10/15)16 Oct 2017 12:24:11 CDThttps://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/13/how-to-answer-the-interview-question-whats-your-favorite-website.html
- Graduate and postdoctoral students can broaden their career horizons by getting involved in campus organizations and attending cross-disciplinary lectures, writes Lynn Talton, director of the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs at the University of California at Los Angeles. They also should look out for good professional-development opportunities, Talton suggests in this commentary. Inside Higher Ed (10/16)16 Oct 2017 12:24:11 CDThttps://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2017/10/16/finding-better-balance-your-work-essay
- Forbes (10/12)16 Oct 2017 12:24:11 CDThttps://www.forbes.com/sites/karstenstrauss/2017/10/12/flex-time-jobs-the-10-best-career-fields-for-making-your-own-schedule/#48779bd576b9
- President Donald Trump issued an executive order Thursday he said increases competition in the insurance market and gives Americans more choices. Tami Luhby looks at how the order strays from the Affordable Care Act, letting small businesses collectively buy health insurance, extending short-term plans and potentially allowing employers to reimburse workers to buy insurance on their own. CNNMoney (10/13)16 Oct 2017 12:24:11 CDThttp://money.cnn.com/2017/10/12/news/economy/trump-health-care-executive-order/index.html?iid=hp-toplead-dom