Central Midwest HERC
Welcome to the Central Midwest HERC
The Central Midwest HERC connects talented professionals with the region’s best colleges, universities, hospitals, government/non-profit organizations, and members of private industry, listing hundreds of jobs from our member institutions.
Our member institutions are committed to recruiting and retaining a more diverse and talented workforce and supporting dual-career couples. Our jobs cover a broad spectrum of business functions, academic disciplines, and career stages. Our job search resources are free and open to the public.
Our website offers:
- Simplified Job Searching – improved search filters, alerts, and a simplified user interface
- Enhanced Dual-Career Options – easier ways to link your job search and your partner’s
- CV/Résumé Builder – convenient uploading, formatting, and saving functionality
- A Searchable Job Portfolio – the ability to upload more materials for better exposure to employers
- Google Maps – mapping integration allows quick assessments of potential commuting and relocation
- Mobile Access – access to your account and search functionality while on the go.
If you have questions, concerns, suggestions, or observations about our site, share them with us.
We’re here to help – good luck in your search!
Follow Central Midwest HERC
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Trust your instincts and take note of how you feel about a job before you go ahead and accept an offer, executive career coach Mikaela Kiner says. Career coach Dana Manciagli recommends reviewing the job description and asking yourself if you want to spend your workdays on those tasks. Glassdoor (5/18)21 May 2018 13:10:30 CDThttps://www.glassdoor.com/blog/right-job-offer/
- Professionals contemplating a career in academia have various jobs they can explore, including nontenure-track teaching jobs and positions in diversity offices or libraries, writes David McDonald, assistant director of graduate services at Duke University Career Center. To find the best fit, McDonald suggests matching skills and desires with different available options. Inside Higher Ed (5/21)21 May 2018 13:10:30 CDThttp://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2018/05/21/suggestions-alt-ac-careers-may-be-overlooked-opinion
- FastCoDesign (5/19)21 May 2018 13:10:30 CDThttps://www.fastcompany.com/40574192/4-ways-to-show-curiosity-in-job-interviews-and-why-you-need-to
- Forty-three percent of households struggle to afford basic living expenses, including food, housing, transportation and health care, according to a study by the United Way ALICE Project. The study finds that 16.1 million households fall below the poverty line and that 34.7 million households earn less than what they need "to survive in the modern economy." CNNMoney (5/18)21 May 2018 13:10:30 CDThttp://money.cnn.com/2018/05/17/news/economy/us-middle-class-basics-study/index.html
“I do believe that thanks to my preparation that centered on HERC tools I was offered and accepted the position in which I am currently, and have been for two months. I'm grateful for HERC and strongly recommend using your tools! Thanks for being there, and supporting all of us.”Read Angie 's Story Share Your HERC Story