Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 19-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Graduate students can differentiate their curriculum vitae by including what CareerTrax founder David Jensen calls "add-ons," such as a certificate or a group or association affiliation. Such extras can highlight unique skills other candidates may lack, Jensen writes in this commentary. Science (free content) (3/14)16 Mar 2018 12:56:05 CDThttp://www.sciencemag.org/careers/2018/03/little-add-ons-add-standout-cv
- You can benefit more from conference attendance by researching which workshops are most relevant to you, writes Thomas Smale. Check out social media beforehand to identify the sessions others in your field are attending, and follow up with new people you meet after returning to the office. Entrepreneur online (3/14)16 Mar 2018 12:56:05 CDThttps://www.entrepreneur.com/article/310031
- U.S. News & World Report (3/14)16 Mar 2018 12:56:05 CDThttps://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/2018-03-14/3-questions-you-must-be-prepared-to-answer-in-a-job-interview
- A recent report from the American Association of University Women found that women graduate college with about $1,500 more in student loans than their male peers and carry about two-thirds of all student debt in the nation. Researchers say factors influencing the disparity include the fact that more women are attending college and a persistent pay gap with men after graduation. CNBC (3/14)16 Mar 2018 12:56:05 CDThttps://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/american-women-hold-two-thirds-of-all-student-debt-heres-why.html
Featured Member Institutions