Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 18-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- When you can't seem to generate interest from employers despite having the necessary experience and skills, it may be time to work with a career coach, writes Karla Miller. "A career coach can help refine your resume and outreach messages and get more mileage out of your LinkedIn account -- for example, making yourself visible to well-connected recruiters and other professionals who can warm up cold contacts for you," Miller writes. The Washington Post (tiered subscription model) (10/19)20 Oct 2017 12:47:29 CDThttps://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/how-to-perfect-the-personal-pitch/2017/10/17/504b47c4-9ed5-11e7-8ea1-ed975285475e_story.html
- When it comes to work-life balance, there's no one size that fits all. You may be happier when you come to terms with the fact that you prefer juggling your roles throughout the day or blending your work activities with the rest of your life, writes Andy Molinsky. Psychology Today (10/14)20 Oct 2017 12:47:29 CDThttps://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/adaptation/201710/want-be-happier-ditch-the-work-life-balance-metaphor
- CNNMoney (10/19)20 Oct 2017 12:47:29 CDThttp://money.cnn.com/2017/10/19/pf/grad-school-worth-it/index.html
- Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., and Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., have introduced legislation that would make university adjunct instructors eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. The part-time status of contingent faculty currently makes them ineligible for the program. Diverse: Issues In Higher Education (10/19)20 Oct 2017 12:47:29 CDThttp://diverseeducation.com/article/103585/
Featured Member Institutions