Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 19-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Be prepared to explain to a job interviewer why you are pursuing a career transition, Arnie Fertig writes. Put a positive spin on your explanation by emphasizing your long-term goals. U.S. News & World Report (4/24)25 Apr 2018 12:19:54 CDThttps://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/2018-04-24/why-do-you-want-to-leave-your-job
- Consider factors such as bonuses, relocation allowances, annual leave, professional development and your start date when you're negotiating a job offer. Gaia Vasiliver-Shamis writes that you shouldn't try to negotiate until you've received an official offer. Inside Higher Ed (4/23)25 Apr 2018 12:19:54 CDThttps://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2018/04/23/how-negotiate-job-offer-effectively-opinion
- Forbes (4/24)25 Apr 2018 12:19:54 CDThttps://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2018/04/24/four-strategies-for-creating-a-fulfilling-career-path/
- Fifty percent of current retirees did not attempt to determine the costs of health care prior to retirement, and more than 40% say health care expenses are higher than they imagined, finds a survey by the Employee Benefit Research Institute and Greenwald & Associates. The 2018 Retirement Confidence Survey also found that 80% of retirees are confident they can cover basic expenses, down 5 percentage points from 2017. WealthManagement (4/24)25 Apr 2018 12:19:54 CDThttp://www.wealthmanagement.com/retirement-planning/retirees-forget-medical-costs-when-planning-future
Featured Member Institutions