Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 18-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Thank-you messages are still a relevant way to reach out to hiring managers and networking partners after interviews and meetings, writes Karla Miller. However, it's best to email the notes. The Washington Post (tiered subscription model) (11/16)17 Nov 2017 12:00:17 CSThttps://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/are-thank-you-notes-outdated-in-the-digital-job-market/2017/11/14/0d18e7cc-b43d-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html
- Academic job candidates should create a cover letter and curriculum vitae with their specific skills that match each job clearly highlighted, writes Judith White, president and executive director of HERS. In this commentary, she gives step-by-step instructions for developing and revising job application materials. Inside Higher Ed (11/16)17 Nov 2017 12:00:17 CSThttps://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2017/11/16/how-write-most-effective-cover-letter-essay
- U.S. News & World Report (11/16)17 Nov 2017 12:00:17 CSThttps://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/2017-11-16/when-and-how-to-follow-up-during-a-job-search
- Robots and artificial intelligence will advance quickly, so society needs to look at business models, policies and community structures if we want to reduce job losses and upheaval, writes Calestous Juma of Harvard Kennedy School. Meanwhile, a Brookings Institution report suggests the need for digital skills across fields has risen sharply since 2002, though the effects have been unevenly spread across industries, gender and race. The Conversation (US) (11/12)17 Nov 2017 12:00:17 CSThttps://theconversation.com/jobs-and-robots-bracing-for-technological-disruptions-to-come-87118
Featured Member Institutions