Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 18-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- College students can get the most out of a summer internship by being eager to learn, asking for extra duties and networking with coworkers, some career experts advise. Interns also should track their accomplishments and new skills to help them build their resume for their next job search, they suggest. CNBC (6/20)21 Jun 2017 12:58:45 CDThttp://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/20/6-things-to-do-to-in-the-first-month-of-your-internship.html
- Academics can steer their careers in meaningful ways by identifying a purpose and making -- and sticking with -- long-term and short-term plans, writes Saint Joseph's University professor Aimee LaPointe Terosky. Successful academics also are intentional in creating professional relationships and helping others along the way, she suggests. Inside Higher Ed (6/20)21 Jun 2017 12:58:45 CDThttps://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2017/06/20/common-ways-scholars-have-effectively-shaped-their-careers-essay
- The Seattle Times (tiered subscription model) (6/20)21 Jun 2017 12:58:45 CDThttp://www.seattletimes.com/nwshowcase/careers/what-the-hiring-manager-is-really-thinking-about-you-during-that-job-interview/
- As new technology brings global connections to the workforce, employers are seeking more from workers, according to data from the nonprofit Institute for the Future. The report outlines 10 workforce skills that will be needed by 2020, including cross-cultural competence and literacy in new media. eCampus News (free registration) (6/20)21 Jun 2017 12:58:45 CDThttps://www.ecampusnews.com/stem/top-workforce-skills-2020/
Featured Member Institutions