Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 19-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Trust your instincts and take note of how you feel about a job before you go ahead and accept an offer, executive career coach Mikaela Kiner says. Career coach Dana Manciagli recommends reviewing the job description and asking yourself if you want to spend your workdays on those tasks. Glassdoor (5/18)21 May 2018 13:10:30 CDThttps://www.glassdoor.com/blog/right-job-offer/
- Professionals contemplating a career in academia have various jobs they can explore, including nontenure-track teaching jobs and positions in diversity offices or libraries, writes David McDonald, assistant director of graduate services at Duke University Career Center. To find the best fit, McDonald suggests matching skills and desires with different available options. Inside Higher Ed (5/21)21 May 2018 13:10:30 CDThttp://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2018/05/21/suggestions-alt-ac-careers-may-be-overlooked-opinion
- FastCoDesign (5/19)21 May 2018 13:10:30 CDThttps://www.fastcompany.com/40574192/4-ways-to-show-curiosity-in-job-interviews-and-why-you-need-to
- Forty-three percent of households struggle to afford basic living expenses, including food, housing, transportation and health care, according to a study by the United Way ALICE Project. The study finds that 16.1 million households fall below the poverty line and that 34.7 million households earn less than what they need "to survive in the modern economy." CNNMoney (5/18)21 May 2018 13:10:30 CDThttp://money.cnn.com/2018/05/17/news/economy/us-middle-class-basics-study/index.html
Featured Member Institutions