Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 19-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Prepare your references by giving them a list of your recent projects, as well as your resume and cover letter, Monica Torres writes. Explain the qualities that the job requires and the types of questions that they might receive. Ladders (7/16)18 Jul 2018 12:56:02 CDThttps://www.theladders.com/career-advice/why-you-need-to-vet-and-coach-your-job-references
- Higher-education faculty members should consider dedicating a week during the summer to developing a "master scholarship plan," writes Christine Tulley, author, English professor and academic career development coordinator for the Center for Teaching Excellence at the University of Findlay. The plan should encompass any upcoming conference presentations, grant deadlines and projects, she advises. Inside Higher Ed (7/11)18 Jul 2018 12:56:02 CDThttps://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2018/07/11/benefits-developing-master-writing-plan-over-summer-opinion
- CNNMoney (7/9)18 Jul 2018 12:56:02 CDThttps://money.cnn.com/2018/07/09/pf/how-to-increase-work-productivity/index.html
- Facebook has hired professors from top universities, such as Carnegie Mellon, Oxford and the University of California at Berkeley, to help improve its artificial intelligence research group. Company executives say the hires are working under a "co-employment model" that allows them to keep part-time positions at their universities. Forbes (7/18)18 Jul 2018 12:56:02 CDThttps://www.forbes.com/sites/samshead/2018/07/18/facebook-hires-top-brains-to-boost-ai-labs/#5ee964353a77
Featured Member Institutions