Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 19-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Women just graduating from college can boost their job search by contacting people working in desired fields and asking for information on job openings or other referrals, workplace issues expert Holly Caplan writes. Candidates also should write thank you notes to anyone who has helped them and clean up social media accounts to appear more professional, she advises. Ladders (6/23)25 Jun 2018 13:16:29 CDThttps://www.theladders.com/career-advice/from-campus-to-career-5-tips-to-stand-out-during-the-job-search
- Your resume summary shows what you can offer a role or organization, and it should paint a picture of the type of worker you are, career coach Lynn Carroll says. Keep it brief to no more than three sentences, include relevant keywords that are applicable to the company and role, and use descriptive language. Glassdoor (6/22)25 Jun 2018 13:16:29 CDThttps://www.glassdoor.com/blog/resume-summary/
- Houston Chronicle (tiered subscription model) (6/22)25 Jun 2018 13:16:29 CDThttps://blog.chron.com/careerrescue/2018/06/ace-a-30-minute-interview/
- A Society for Human Resource Management survey found 35% of employers offered paid maternity leave in 2018, an increase from 26% in 2016, while paid paternity leave increased from 21% to 29%. The survey of more than 3,500 human resources professionals showed 34% of organizations increased benefits over the past year, including telecommuting and company-organized fitness challenges. Employee Benefit News (free registration) (6/22)25 Jun 2018 13:16:29 CDThttps://www.benefitnews.com/news/employers-zero-in-on-paid-parental-leave
Featured Member Institutions