Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 19-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Be sure you can display the skills you listed on your job application, and never say anything negative about a previous employer, human resources manager Steve Pritchard says. Show that you have come prepared with examples if asked about your successes and failures, and take the opportunity to comment if asked whether you have anything to add at the end of the interview, professional coach Keith Sbiral says. Glassdoor (6/21)22 Jun 2018 11:56:30 CDThttps://www.glassdoor.com/blog/interview-questions-trip-up/
- Make time to mentor younger employees, giving them insights into your career successes and failures, and pass on valuable information that has helped you in your work, Craig Stephens writes. Be forward-thinking by embracing change, maintain your professional relationships and share your knowledge with a blog or self-published book. U.S. News & World Report (6/21)22 Jun 2018 11:56:30 CDThttps://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/On-Retirement/articles/2018-06-21/how-to-leave-a-lasting-career-legacy
- Business News Daily (6/21)22 Jun 2018 11:56:30 CDThttps://www.businessnewsdaily.com/10919-hire-career-coach.html
- Artificial intelligence and automation have potential to reshape the economy, but it remains to be seen exactly what that means for workers. The US has lost middle-class jobs in areas such as manufacturing and data processing. MIT Technology Review online (free registration) (6/18)22 Jun 2018 11:56:30 CDThttps://www.technologyreview.com/s/611412/ai-could-wreak-economic-havoc-we-need-more-of-it/
Featured Member Institutions