Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 18-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- A Jobvite survey shows that 69% of job recruiters say good conversational skills are among the most important traits in a job candidate. The data also show that hiring managers are looking for potential employees who know their industry well and show enthusiasm. Forbes (9/22)25 Sep 2017 12:41:57 CDThttps://www.forbes.com/sites/carminegallo/2017/09/22/three-traits-recruiters-find-most-desirable-in-face-to-face-job-interviews/#6c66022b40b0
- Twitter conversations can be fertile ground for connecting with influencers who will help you change careers, Kristi Dosh writes. Search Google for "Twitter chat" followed by an industry-specific keyword to find conversations related to your area of interest. Fast Company online (9/23)25 Sep 2017 12:41:57 CDThttps://www.fastcompany.com/40470106/how-to-use-facebook-twitter-and-youtube-to-change-your-career
- U.S. News & World Report (9/22)25 Sep 2017 12:41:57 CDThttps://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/2017-09-22/job-postings-alone-rarely-lead-to-jobs
- A Willis Towers Watson report shows that employers are facing higher expenses for sponsoring health care plans, while their costs related to retirement benefits are declining. "[E]mployers need to balance their costs with the long-term returns on providing benefit packages that will be highly valued by their workforce, as well as attract desirable employees and encourage timely retirement," the report says. BenefitsPro (9/21)25 Sep 2017 12:41:57 CDThttp://www.benefitspro.com/2017/09/21/employer-provided-benefit-costs-vary-widely-by-ind
Featured Member Institutions