Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 18-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Candidates who are being interviewed by phone must be careful to remain professional and set aside some uninterrupted time, writes Peter Murdock, vice president of recruiting for Blackmon Mooring. In this commentary, he also recommends candidates end the phone interview by asking about the next steps in the process. Forbes (11/21)22 Nov 2017 11:23:01 CSThttps://www.forbes.com/sites/forbeshumanresourcescouncil/2017/11/21/preparing-for-a-phone-interview-four-tips-to-keep-top-of-mind/#bb4c4df5aa4b
- Academics should use a campus visit to show the job search committee how their research and teaching skills would benefit the institution, writes Colorado College assistant professor Manya Whitaker. In this commentary, she provides specific tips on how candidates can improve their performances during job talks, teaching demos and meetings with the faculty and staff. The Chronicle of Higher Education (free content) (11/19)22 Nov 2017 11:23:01 CSThttp://www.chronicle.com/article/The-Job-Market-The-Campus/241796
- The number of jobs being advertised through the Modern Language Association has hit a new low, with an 11% drop in positions listed for English professors in 2016-17 and a 12% decrease in openings for foreign language faculty. The association says several factors may be at play in this decline for the fifth consecutive year -- including a drop in enrollment and an increase in the number of adjunct instructors. Inside Higher Ed (11/21)22 Nov 2017 11:23:01 CSThttps://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017/11/21/full-time-jobs-english-and-languages-reach-new-low-mla-report-finds
- A report from the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators has examined the origination fees deducted from student loans. The fees, which have generated $8.1 million in federal revenue over the past five years, are outdated and cumbersome for students, association President Justin Draeger said. The Washington Post (tiered subscription model) (11/20)22 Nov 2017 11:23:01 CSThttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/11/20/financial-aid-officers-say-the-government-must-stop-charging-fees-to-borrow-money-for-college/
Featured Member Institutions