Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 18-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Professionals shouldn't be hesitant to negotiate a better job title, as your title is part of your compensation and can affect your career and happiness, says Dan Cable. If your job title is generic, you can start by asking your boss what title may better reflect what the role entails. Harvard Business Review online (tiered subscription model) (7/17)19 Jul 2017 13:44:08 CDThttps://hbr.org/2017/07/how-to-ask-for-the-job-title-you-deserve
- Searching for a job is often like a marathon, so Katharyn Stober, the associate director for graduate student services at the Texas A&M University Career Center, suggests treating it like running by making it part of a daily schedule and finding a buddy for support and accountability. Runners do occasionally take breaks for recovery, she notes, and she suggests ways to balance the search with time for relaxation. Inside Higher Ed (7/17)19 Jul 2017 13:44:08 CDThttps://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2017/07/17/practical-tips-improving-performance-and-building-endurance-runner-also-apply-job
- Forbes (7/17)19 Jul 2017 13:44:08 CDThttps://www.forbes.com/sites/jmaureenhenderson/2017/07/17/five-dead-giveaways-that-youre-working-for-an-insecure-boss/#6eb63af7c527
- Sixty-five percent of millennials say they are more concerned about their current financial situation than any other personal matter, including relationships and job insecurity, according to a report from BMO Wealth Management. Stephen Williams, BMO's senior vice president of wealth planning, recommends IRAs, Roth IRAs and 401(k)s as retirement-savings vehicles, which he also says are the best ways for millennials to save for major purchases. ThinkAdvisor (free registration) (7/18)19 Jul 2017 13:44:08 CDThttp://www.thinkadvisor.com/2017/07/18/money-trumps-love-as-millennials-biggest-worry-bmo
Featured Member Institutions