Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 18-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Six academic professionals share tips for early-career academics on balancing their work and personal lives. Suggestions include being intentional and proactive when it comes to making time for family and pursuits outside the office. Science online (5/24)26 May 2017 12:41:53 CDThttp://www.sciencemag.org/careers/2017/05/yes-you-can-have-life-outside-lab
- Negotiators with multiple options at their disposal often presented lower-valued proposals than those with only one offer provided to them, according to a recent study. To reduce the negative effects that having multiple alternatives can confer, negotiators should solely focus on their best offer when determining a proposal. Harvard Business Review online (tiered subscription model) (5/24)26 May 2017 12:41:53 CDThttps://hbr.org/2017/05/having-too-many-options-can-make-you-a-worse-negotiator
- Cheat Sheet (5/26)26 May 2017 12:41:53 CDThttp://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/good-reasons-walk-job-interview.html/
- On average, US employees only use 54% of their available vacation time, according to a Glassdoor report. Just 23% of all US workers took all of the vacation time that was available to them over the last 12 months. CNBC (5/24)26 May 2017 12:41:53 CDThttp://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/24/workers-use-only-about-half-of-their-vacation-time.html
Featured Member Institutions