Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 19-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- College graduates should begin socking away money for retirement during their first job out of school, writes financial expert Peter Dunn. A $250 investment each month could grow to more than $1.3 million over a 45-year career, Dunn writes in this commentary. USA Today (4/20)23 Apr 2018 13:14:42 CDThttps://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/columnist/2018/04/20/how-set-yourself-up-life-financial-success-day-1/496011002/
- Schedule job interviews during your lunch break, at the end of the day or when you're working from home to avoid raising suspicions by your current employer, Alyse Kalish writes. Work on your applications at home and refrain from talking about your job search with colleagues. The Muse (4/19)23 Apr 2018 13:14:42 CDThttps://www.themuse.com/advice/11-subtle-ways-job-search-at-work-without-boss-finding-out?ref=recently-published-0
- Glassdoor (4/20)23 Apr 2018 13:14:42 CDThttps://www.glassdoor.com/blog/getting-a-job-has-changed/
- Initial claims for unemployment benefits in the US fell for the week ended April 14 to 232,000, and the unemployment rate sits at 4.1%, according to the last figures from the Labor Department. Sustained job growth remains in place as the country added 103,000 jobs in March. Reuters (4/19)23 Apr 2018 13:14:42 CDThttps://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-unemployment/u-s-weekly-jobless-claims-dip-in-latest-week-idUSKBN1HQ1QY
Featured Member Institutions