Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 18-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Professionals can boost their career and build a safety net of colleagues by embracing networking both within and outside of their industry, writes leadership coach Michael Zaytsev. In this commentary, Zaytsev offers tips on how to connect with other professionals and build a solid network. Forbes (10/17)18 Oct 2017 12:41:35 CDThttps://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2017/10/17/hate-networking-two-easy-secrets-to-connect-like-a-pro/#6a4c9a4130d3
- Job seekers can spot scam employment opportunities by noticing red flags such as group interviews or a job offer that isn't put into writing, asserts recruiter Nick Corcodilos. Candidates also should be suspicious if a job interview sounds like a sales pitch and a company website doesn't list leaders or employees, he advises. PBS (10/17)18 Oct 2017 12:41:35 CDThttp://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/ask-headhunter-4-signs-run-job-scam/
- U.S. News & World Report (10/17)18 Oct 2017 12:41:35 CDThttps://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/2017-10-17/how-to-ace-a-lunch-interview
- Freelancers make up 36% of the US workforce and nearly half of millennials are choosing such work, according to a report by the Freelancers Union and Upwork. Freelancers are expected to make up a majority of the workforce by 2027, the authors of the report predict. Fox Business (10/17)18 Oct 2017 12:41:35 CDThttp://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2017/10/17/freelance-jobs-hit-all-time-high-outpacing-standard-us-workforce.html
Featured Member Institutions