Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 19-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Finish the year on a strong note by cleaning out your email inbox and sending thank-you notes to colleagues and managers, Suzanne Gelb writes. Set aside some time to improve your LinkedIn presence, and work on shifting to a healthier sleep routine in 2018. The Muse (12/11)13 Dec 2017 13:06:19 CSThttps://www.themuse.com/advice/20-careerboosting-steps-you-can-take-before-new-years-eve
- Professionals should seek input from managers on skills they might need in order to advance their careers next year, writes Martin Yate. Make sure to take advantage of the advice you receive, and check in informally every few months to give updates on your progress. Society for Human Resource Management online (12/12)13 Dec 2017 13:06:19 CSThttps://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/hr-topics/organizational-and-employee-development/pages/your-career-qa-where-your-future-begins.aspx
- U.S. News & World Report (12/12)13 Dec 2017 13:06:19 CSThttps://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/2017-12-12/ask-these-3-questions-when-negotiating-your-next-job-offer
- US companies posted slightly fewer jobs in October than in September but added more workers, the Labor Department said. As October ended, just under 6 million jobs were available, down from 6.18 million in September, but total hiring was up 4.4% in October compared with September. Fox Business (12/11)13 Dec 2017 13:06:19 CSThttp://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/12/11/job-openings-slip-in-october-but-hiring-increased.html
Featured Member Institutions