Greater Washington State HERC
Welcome to the Greater Washington State HERC!
Our job board lists the faculty, staff and executive positions at distinguished colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, and research institutes in our region. GWS HERC is a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers. We are part of the 19-region HERC network.
Use our website to have access to:
• Simplified Job Searching - improved search filters, e-alerts, and simplified user interface
• Enhanced Dual-Career Options - easier process for linking your search and your partner's
• CV/Resume Builder - convenient uploading, formatting, and saving options
• Searchable Portfolio - ability to upload more materials/file formats for better exposure to
• Google Maps - quick assessment of potential commutes from our job detail screen
• Mobile Access - better access your account and jobs while you're on the go
Our mission is to advance the efforts of our member organizations to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to assist dual-career couples. Our organizations are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and in providing an environment sensitive to work/life balance. We understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career technology.
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Strategies used by sales professionals are effective for job searches as well, such as flattery, mirroring the interviewer, and making the interview a two-way conversation, Emily Moore writes. The SPIN technique, which involves identifying pain points, is an example of a sales technique that job seekers can use, she writes. Glassdoor (8/14)15 Aug 2018 13:07:35 CDThttps://www.glassdoor.com/blog/sales-techniques-job-interview/
- LinkedIn and other social networks have become far more important than resumes for landing a job, Kathryn Vasel writes. Resumes have become less than 10% of the hiring process, says Macy Andrews, senior director of HR at Cisco. CNNMoney (8/14)15 Aug 2018 13:07:35 CDThttp://money.cnn.com/2018/08/14/pf/resume-dead/index.html
- U.S. News & World Report (8/14)15 Aug 2018 13:07:35 CDThttps://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/2018-08-14/5-questions-to-ask-yourself-before-starting-a-job-search
- The number of college students age 35 and older was 2.2 million in 2015 and is projected to grow to 2.4 million by 2026, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. Going back to school later in life could mean a hit to retirement savings, and those doing so should avoid borrowing from a 401(k) to pay for it, says advisor Sean Moore of Smart College Funding. MarketWatch (8/14)15 Aug 2018 13:07:35 CDThttps://www.marketwatch.com/story/student-loans-after-40-is-your-retirement-doomed-2018-08-13
Featured Member Institutions