Participate in HERC’s monthly professional development webinars with thought-leaders addressing important recruitment and retention topics, with an emphasis on diversity. Webinars are FREE to your entire staff and qualify for HRCI and SHRM continuing education credits.
*Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC) is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
*The use of the HRCI seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
**Please note each attendee wishing to receive continuing education credit must register and log in to the live webinar with their unique link. Attendees must also stay on the live webinar for the full hour in order to be counted as an attendee and receive credit.
Stay Tuned for New Webinars coming in 2018!
HERC webinars are recorded and made available online for faculty and staff at member institutions to view on demand. Visit the HERC webinar page to browse through the various offerings or click on the titles below to directly access the webinar of your choice.
Diversity & Compliance
- Hiring Reconsidered: Understanding the Candidate's Perspective
- Immigration Issues in Higher Education: Helping Your Institution Attract the Best
- AA/EO Compliance for the Higher Ed Federal Government Contractor
- Get to Know INSIGHT Into Diversity: The Oldest and Largest Diversity Employment Magazine in Higher Education Today
- Power and Challenge: The Now and Next of Women in STEM
- A Matter of Excellence: Strategic Diversity Leadership in the Academy, An Evolutionary Discussion by Dr. Damon Williams, Associate Vice Chancellor, Vice Provost, Chief Officer for Diversity & Climate at University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Disability: The "D" in Diversity
- Disclosing Disability: What You Need to Know
- Academic Couples: Opportunities and Strategies
- Models of Dual-Career Support in Academia: A Roundtable Discussion
Recruitment and Retention Best Practices
- Practical Strategies for Powerful Candidate Selection
- Approaches and Best Practices for Employee Recognition
- Higher Education's Next Big Challenge: Developing Millennials as Baby Boomers Exit
- Equipping Search Committees: Tools, Technology, and Training Essentials
- Digital Recruitment Strategies to Find the Best Talent
- Why I Stayed! Recruiting for Retention & Selecting an Institution for Life!
- Trends in Adjunct Faculty Hiring and Retention
- 10 Things You Need to Know Before Implementing a Talent Management System
- The Hottest Issues in Higher Ed Talent Management
- The Future of Higher Ed Recruitment
- Build a mini-recruiting team: Turn hiring managers into recruiters with a repeatable, scalable, & efficient recruiting toolkit!
- Four Challenges in Higher Ed Hiring… and How to Beat Them!Using Faculty “Cluster Hiring” to Increase Diversity, Enhance Collaboration and Improve Climate
- Your Ripple Effect - 4 Core Masteries for Effective Leaders
- It’s a Crime!
- Eight Insights to help you Lead Like it Matters…Because it does!
- Recruiting & Retaining Top Talent through Tuition Assistance & Scholarships
- Hire with Confidence: Find Candidates Who Will Succeed at Your Institution
- Transition Assistance for Staff Affected by Downsizing: Assisting Staff & Preserving your Institution’s Reputation
- Transforming Talent Acquisition with Live Virtual Interviews
- Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your HERC Membership
- Making Your Case: Writing Cover Letters for Non-Academic Jobs
- Orienting New Staff and Faculty to Academic and Staff-Faculty Relationships
- Cultivating a Practice of Mindful Leadership
- Network-Based Mentoring Programs to Support Faculty Connections:A Fresh Approach for Academic Leaders
- Caregiver Support in Higher Education
- Addressing Work/Life Needs in Higher Education
- Enhanced Employee Health Well Being and Engagement through Dependent Care Supports
- The Magical World of Moving 101
Technology & Social Media
- Social Media Minefields in Higher Education
- Stop Searching and Start Matching - Introducing Monster's Power Resume Search
HERC Membership Matters