Southern California HERC
Southern California HERC supports the efforts of each of its member institutions to recruit and retain outstanding faculty, administrators, and staff through the sharing of information and resources.
Our institutions are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process and providing a work environment sensitive to work/life balance. We also understand that employment decisions often involve two careers and offer state of the art dual career search technology.
Regional and Member News
New HERC Member
We would like to welcome the newest SoCal HERC member: Whittier College. We are so excited to collaborate with this great institution and continue growing SoCal HERC to be the best one-stop resource for higher education careers!
Did you know?In September, 2015 HERC conducted its first jobseeker survey to learn more about our registered jobseekers, how to improve their website experience, and their most requested tools and resources for career success. Data collected showed that HERC is well-regarded among its registered jobseekers with 87% of the survey respondents answering that they would recommend HERC to colleagues and friends. Furthermore, 80% of the surveyed jobseekers think HERC is as good or better than other higher education job boards (45% think HERC is better). Overall, the data was overwhelmingly positive and we hope to continue being a great resource for both jobseekers and employers alike!
- SoCal HERC/CUPA-HR joint meeting overview
Thank you to all our sponsors, panelists, and attendees for making this past meeting so successful! We had a total of 80 plus attendees who had the opportunity to engage in a great program specifically geared towards providing resources for recruitment, outreach, and compliance. We also want to thank the University of Redlands for hosting us! Hope you all had a great time!
Member Newsletter Archive
- Fall 2017 (most recent)
- Summer 2014
- Spring 2014
- Spring 2013
- Fall 2012
- Winter 2011
- Spring 2009
- Fall 2008
- Spring 2008
Follow HERC Regionally
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Become comfortable with not hearing back from employers after submitting an application, writes Chrissy Scivicque. Only one person can get the job, so it's normal to face rejection. U.S. News & World Report (2/16)19 Feb 2018 13:06:58 CSThttps://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/2018-02-16/managing-the-emotional-side-of-job-search
- Have a clear idea of the type of job you're searching for that is in line with your career path, writes Christine Kelly. Understand the position description thoroughly to target your application towards the job and be prepared for the interview, she writes. Inside Higher Ed (2/19)19 Feb 2018 13:06:58 CSThttps://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2018/02/19/questions-ask-avoid-sabotaging-your-career-search-opinion
- Glassdoor (2/16)19 Feb 2018 13:06:58 CSThttps://www.glassdoor.com/blog/changing-careers-beliefs-to-drop/
- Jobless claims remained under the 300,000 threshold associated with a strong labor market for another week, with initial claims for unemployment benefits hitting 230,000 for the week ending Feb. 10, per the Labor Department. The jobless rate is at 4.1%, a 17-year low. Reuters (2/15)19 Feb 2018 13:06:58 CSThttps://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-unemployment/u-s-weekly-jobless-claims-rebound-from-near-45-year-lows-idUSKCN1FZ1PB
Featured Member Institutions