Greater Texas HERC
Welcome to the Greater Texas Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (GTX HERC) a non-profit consortium of colleges and universities in the state of Texas. GTX HERC connects talented professionals with the best higher education employers, listing hundreds of jobs from our member institutions. Our institutions collaborate to recruit and retain the most outstanding and diverse faculty, staff, and administrators. We also seek to assist dual-career couples with their regional job searches.
Our job search site offers:
- Simplified Job Searching
- Enhanced Dual-Career Search Options
- CV/Resume Builder
- Google Maps of the Texas region
- Mobile Access
Our member institutions are committed to diversity hiring and dual-career couples, and our jobs cover the broadest spectrum of business functions, academic disciplines, and career stages. Our job search resources are free and open to the public. If your institution is interested in membership details, contact us.
To learn more about HERC or search for higher education jobs in other regions, click on the search tool bar above, or navigate our site to learn more about HERC.
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- When you can't seem to generate interest from employers despite having the necessary experience and skills, it may be time to work with a career coach, writes Karla Miller. "A career coach can help refine your resume and outreach messages and get more mileage out of your LinkedIn account -- for example, making yourself visible to well-connected recruiters and other professionals who can warm up cold contacts for you," Miller writes. The Washington Post (tiered subscription model) (10/19)20 Oct 2017 12:47:29 CDThttps://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/how-to-perfect-the-personal-pitch/2017/10/17/504b47c4-9ed5-11e7-8ea1-ed975285475e_story.html
- When it comes to work-life balance, there's no one size that fits all. You may be happier when you come to terms with the fact that you prefer juggling your roles throughout the day or blending your work activities with the rest of your life, writes Andy Molinsky. Psychology Today (10/14)20 Oct 2017 12:47:29 CDThttps://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/adaptation/201710/want-be-happier-ditch-the-work-life-balance-metaphor
- CNNMoney (10/19)20 Oct 2017 12:47:29 CDThttp://money.cnn.com/2017/10/19/pf/grad-school-worth-it/index.html
- Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., and Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., have introduced legislation that would make university adjunct instructors eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. The part-time status of contingent faculty currently makes them ineligible for the program. Diverse: Issues In Higher Education (10/19)20 Oct 2017 12:47:29 CDThttp://diverseeducation.com/article/103585/