Greater Texas HERC
Welcome to the Greater Texas Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (GTX HERC) a non-profit consortium of colleges and universities in the state of Texas. GTX HERC connects talented professionals with the best higher education employers, listing hundreds of jobs from our member institutions. Our institutions collaborate to recruit and retain the most outstanding and diverse faculty, staff, and administrators. We also seek to assist dual-career couples with their regional job searches.
Our job search site offers:
- Simplified Job Searching
- Enhanced Dual-Career Search Options
- CV/Resume Builder
- Google Maps of the Texas region
- Mobile Access
Our member institutions are committed to diversity hiring and dual-career couples, and our jobs cover the broadest spectrum of business functions, academic disciplines, and career stages. Our job search resources are free and open to the public. If your institution is interested in membership details, contact us.
To learn more about HERC or search for higher education jobs in other regions, click on the search tool bar above, or navigate our site to learn more about HERC.
Powered by HERC Jobseeker SmartBrief
- Recent college graduates need to find ways to translate their academic experience into skills employers are seeking, says Emily Seamone, a career adviser at the City University of New York Graduate Center. They should find ways to tell stories about overcoming adversity and explain how subjects studied have promoted problem-solving and communication skills, Seamone advises. FastCoDesign (4/18)20 Apr 2018 12:18:29 CDThttps://www.fastcompany.com/40557157/new-grads-heres-how-to-discuss-your-classwork-in-job-interviews
- Before quitting your job, ask yourself if it's possible to change the things you don't like about your job, or if there may be opportunities outside the office, writes career coach Caroline Ceniza-Levine. "Your day-to-day work isn't the only way to find challenge and growth," she writes. Forbes (4/16)20 Apr 2018 12:18:29 CDThttps://www.forbes.com/sites/carolinecenizalevine/2018/04/16/before-you-quit-your-job-five-options-for-breaking-out-of-a-career-plateau/#6be82a9a7c16
- PBS (4/17)20 Apr 2018 12:18:29 CDThttps://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/ask-the-headhunter/ask-the-headhunter-when-job-interviewers-ask-for-your-salary-history-do-this-instead
- A study shows that male academics still outnumber women as lead authors published in academic journals in most fields, with the widest gap in such areas as computer science, physics and math. Researchers say reforms in peer review and academic publishing are needed, as well as changes in parental-leave policies and the mitigation of hiring biases. Times Higher Education (UK) (free registration) (4/19)20 Apr 2018 12:18:29 CDThttps://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/gender-parity-science-generations-away#survey-answer